Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Iain Cameron

Re: River Deveron 2015
« Reply #30 on: 24/05/2015 at 08:14 »
We stayed on due to the conditions, to see if there was an evening rise, but things died off about 7 ish, still a little early yet, although there were huge numbers of spinners in the air and stacks of fly on the water.

Allan had some later excitement; even driving home I swear I heard him shout f*******!!!!

Allan Liddle

Re: River Deveron 2015
« Reply #31 on: 25/05/2015 at 09:38 »
A cracking day and as Sandy said, company great.  Learned a lot from the others and especially keen to follow up on a certain wee style of fly that was an eye opener for me, might even have to revise to attitude towards Ducks Arse feathers  :z4 :z4

Best fish for me was only a little over a pound with other more meatier fish snatched at and missed (common theme for me recently, is this the dry flee anglers equivelant of the 'Yips'?  :z4)
Cracking troots for sandy though and great to see them on a bit of water that's had a wee bit of trout anglers attention recently.

Almost a grand finale and yup i did stick it right out, sadly no spinner fall (rain came on and killed that) but there was a flurry of uprights from about 8.45 and i spotted a big nose poke out the water (on a bit we'd all fished earlier) which duly obliged and sooked in my olive Dirty Duster.  Iain was right when he said when he sid he heard me swear on the way home as although i knew i was on a nice fish when it's head came out to take the DD and i really saw it i nearly shat myself.

Sea troots still count in the trophy troot stakes for me and this one would easliy tip the scales between 6lb to 7lb, 3lb nylon size 14 DD and #5 Streamflex which was certainly 'flexing'.  Big jumps, big runs and lots of chasing by me all the time getting closer and closer to fast heavy rocky water with my never really in any form of control, then the inevitable happened, 'ping' nylon obviously came across the fish's teeth and i 'tagged' it with my DD.  :cry :cry :z4 :z4

Ah well such as life, excitment certainly, disapointed?  Not really except for the fact i never got to take it's photo, i still got the best bit, that feeling of anticipation, the cast the rush of hooking it, just missed the photo session in the end  :wink

All i'm worried about now is when can i get out to try it all again??  :z8  Roll on the weekend  :z12 :z12

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com