Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Iain Cameron

Folks

still for sale - reduced price, £25 ono

For sale: Orvis Safe Passage Fly Rod Case with integrated reel pouch.
see http://www.orvis.co.uk/p/safe-passage-rod-and-reel-cases/3p4p

Immaculate condition, used once - for sale at £25 ono (new RRP is £49)

The tube is 58" inches (152cm) total length.

Holds a single rod up to 9 foot total length, though obviously you break down the rod at the middle join to fit the tube. For a 4-piece rod, you leave the bottom two (and reel) sections and top two sections together; get to the river, and you are ready to go in no time.

I used it once; great for getting to and from the river without having to break down and put up the rod and reel every time; great in summer nights when you want to fish until late and then not fiddle about putting things away in the dark.

I bought it, then started using 10 footer rods more as my go-to rods... this tube DOESN'T accommodated 10 footers, it's for 9 footers or less. Hence it's unused, taking up space, spanking new condition

cheers

iain

ps description from Orvis website:
The best travel protection available for a rod and reel. Rugged PVC tube offers great protection for the rod whilst padded top protects the reel. Top portion completely unzips to allow unobstructed access to rod tube. Oversize top will accommodate conventional reels up to large arbor designs. Smooth nylon lining won't catch guides. Small zip mesh pocket securely holds small items. Removable and adjustable shoulder strap with perforated foam pad for comfort. Single in slate blue.

Iain Cameron

Re: Orvis Safe Passage, Rod & Reel case for 9 footer
« Reply #1 on: 14/07/2016 at 17:06 »
still for sale - reduced price, £25 ono

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com