Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

CLA 2015 - casting events removed
« on: 04/03/2015 at 18:25 »
I regret to say that I have had it confirmed today that the casting competitions at the CLA have been cancelled.

Despite previous assurances from the organisers that the Saltwater event (which was 'saved' last year) would stay alongside the Spey competition they are now all gone. I believe some sort of kayak event will be taking their place.

This means we no longer have any competitive 18' Spey event in the UK. It also means that event and the unique Saltwater event are thus consigned to history.
I confess to being less than amused by this news.

I have not quite determined if I will try and do something about this - yet.

Very sad news indeed.

:z10

Mike Barrio

Re: CLA 2015 - casting events removed
« Reply #1 on: 04/03/2015 at 19:21 »
Hmmm ...... Is this perhaps an opportunity to explore the possibility of moving these events to the Scottish Game Fair? I think they have some competitions already and from what has been said before, the prize money is not necessarily the attraction for competitors?

Cheers
Mike

Hamish Young

« Reply #2 on: 04/03/2015 at 22:58 »
I am working an idea around about that very concept Mr B - but my spare time is very limited at the moment.

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #3 on: 05/03/2015 at 10:49 »
Hamish, seems to me that other enthusiasts should bare the weight ? i'm sure that some of the more literate casters such as Tracey and James would be more than happy to help  :wink
cheers,
marc

Hamish Young

« Reply #4 on: 05/03/2015 at 18:41 »
Hamish, seems to me that other enthusiasts should bare the weight ? i'm sure that some of the more literate casters such as Tracey and James would be more than happy to help  :wink
cheers,
marc

Aye Marc, we shall see. Last year I had more time to get my teeth into the issues and this year I just don't - at least not the time it deserves.

H :cool:

Andy Wren

« Reply #5 on: 06/03/2015 at 09:32 »
Well thats one less punter for the CLA . The spey casting comp has always been the highlight of my visits .

Allan Liddle

« Reply #6 on: 06/03/2015 at 16:15 »
Sorry to hear the news Hamish, would be a real scoop if you were able to move it to Scottish Fair though.

Hamish Young

« Reply #7 on: 06/03/2015 at 20:55 »
I am going to make some tentative investigations towards the end of the month about bringing CLA class events to Scotland and the Scottish Game Fair at Scone.
However, they will most likely be all new events. We will see how it goes :!

H :cool:

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com