Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Derek Roxborough

Tight old git
« on: 19/02/2015 at 20:45 »
Being one of the above I don't buy expensive wading boots I have used a pair of trackers for the last few years, but last year they gave up the ghost , I was in Aldis today and they had some cheap walking boots £14 and some cheapo walking shoes so I bought the latter for £7 they have a decent sole and a mesh upper so they will drain off faster, I told you I was a tight git, easgach 1

Colin Sunley

Re: Tight old git
« Reply #1 on: 20/02/2015 at 18:51 »
I guess it depends on the cheap  boot, my cheap boot only lasted 3 months then I bought proper wading boots in a sale for the price of two cheap boots. Wading boots will last maybe till the end of the season so will have saves a vast amount  on cheap boots,  I think I now own that Tight old git title unless triumphed

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #2 on: 20/02/2015 at 21:53 »
My Last cheap trackers lasted me over 2 seasons for £10that include some fairly long hill loch stravaigs, my main beef against "proper" wading boots is that they are too heavy, I have used tracker type shoes since the 70's when I got a pair of stocking foot Red Ball light weight waders lasting me 'til 2002 when they fell to bits at Durness, so who is a tight old git now?  :X2 easgach 1

Colin Sunley

« Reply #3 on: 20/02/2015 at 22:55 »
I give way to the honorable old git

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #4 on: 23/02/2015 at 07:18 »
I sometimes wear old "deck shoes", you know, the blue canvas uppers and white soles. They are great for wading on mud and sand and cost a fiver.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com