Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Allan Liddle

Lettewe Estate 14th to 21st June 2015
« on: 11/02/2015 at 17:18 »
Hi Guys

I appreciate this isn't really a Gathering as such for this forum but just a quick invite to any interested to join a group of us to the fantastic Letterewe Estate from Sun June 14th to Sunday June 21st and sample some of the finest wild trout fishing and dramatic scenery on offer anywhere in the rugged North.  There are three places left on the trip which we hope to fill quickly, but before i continue with this bit first let me detail a little bit what's on offer:

First up the accomodation: staying at the excellent Ardlair Lodge self catering amidst a bunch if likeminded troot bums with the emphasis on fishing enjoyment and the freedom to come and go as you please and overlooking Loch Maree.  Off grid so lighting by gas mantle so battery lamps required for any tyers among the party.  Large oil stove and power to the fridge also oil supplied.  All this plus bedding and towels etc included in the price as in no extra cost for the fuel you use.

Next the location: Based on the Letterewe Estate Gairloch you are off the beaten track with o need to return to tarmac civilisation for the entire trip, however despite being remote you are still only about 20mins from the shops outside the estate (in Poolewe and Gairloch) and equally as important the Chinese takeaway if the mood takes you (although there will obviously be plenty on offer back in the hoose anyway)
Slioch dominates the surroundings as does Loch Maree, however you have a good number of wilderness hills to wander, fantastic wildlife which includes regular sightings of White Tailed Eagles.

Fishing: The best bit of the trip is the fact you have exclusive use of the estate waters (all 70 odd lochs and miles of wee burns). The principle water isn't Maree (although there is a boat and outboard available to use any time on here), but the fantastic Fionn Loch (of Osgood McKenzie 100 Years in the Highlands fame).  Boats with outboards available for use for guests on this five plus mile loch, skerry, island and feature laden brown trout haven.
Add to this boats available on about four other waters (Maree, Dubh, Kernsary and i think one of the hill lochs) some with outboards.  All fuel for the engines is included in the cost of the week as well.  Add to this some brilliant hill lochs some roadside, others big hikes adding to the variety and the fun.  A cracking mix of fish size and quality as well and given the time of year, the opportunity to fish late or early whatever takes yer fancy.
Salmon / Sea trout on the River Ewe can be arranged at an extra cost and if all this isn't enough then the Gairloch coast is a mere few minutes away from the estate main access gate.

All in all a memorable week on offer, far too much fishing to complete in a mere seven days, plenty good fun and plenty laughs to accompany the cracking fishing.

Cost is only £265 per head for the fishing / accom with the addition of a wee kitty (£50 -£60 per head) for the grub.  Drinks usually supplied by everyone taking what they fancy no obligation to swally BTW, it's a fishing trip afterall but feel free to partake if the mood dictates.  So all in you'd be looking at around £320 - £330 for the week, a lot for your money.

I've opened this up on the Scottish Anglers site on a first come first served basis with a deadline of a week Friday, truth is if we don't hit the magic 10 (or possibly 9) then we'd most likely have to consider this another time.  To secure your place you simply reply to me here and by PM and if you've beaten the rest all i'd need is the accomodation money (£265) to secure.  Should you have to drop out after money paid it would be a case of trying to find a replacement with them pating you the money back i'm afraid given the overall cost of the package (around £2700) but hopefully there's no need to think this way.

The area was featured by me last year in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying if you need some pictures and some more info to whet your appetite, or you could simply look up Letterewe Estate on the net.

Thanks for reading this guys, all replies greatfully accepted and hope to hear rom a few of you soon.

Regards
Allan

Jim Eddie

Re: Lettewe Estate 14th to 21st June 2015
« Reply #1 on: 11/02/2015 at 19:32 »
Allan
I would have come along but I'm not due back till the 27th of June  :cry

:z18

Jim

Allan Liddle

« Reply #2 on: 12/02/2015 at 09:46 »
No worries Jim thanks for letting me know.  Seems to be a common problem  :z4

Allan Liddle

« Reply #3 on: 16/02/2015 at 12:54 »
Just had confirmation from a couple of lads (some of you guys migth have met if you've attended a trip or two of mine) who have taken two of the remaining places.  Also waiting on confirmation from another guy from Islay on the final berth so looks like it's a full house again.
Sorry if you missed out guys, really looking forward to it as i'm sure it'll be a cracker.

Full report and photos will follow on our return.

Cheers
Allan

Allan Liddle

« Reply #4 on: 24/02/2015 at 13:47 »
Still one place available, £265 plus grub money all in for the week if anyone still fancies it?  Friday deadline so be quick.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com