Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rob Brownfield

Well, where do I start? I decided to re-ring one of my fly rods (10 foot 10 weight shooting head special) so needed to remove all the fittings and varnish...an hour later i have a super sexy blank sitting there waiting for the postman to deliver the new fittings...so I decided to have a look at some of my other rods....

...so now thats 4 rods waiting for the postman!! I just can't stop  :z2! HELP!.. :shock

Hamish Young

Sounds like you need professional help there Rob  :wink Mind you.... I've one rod at least that could do with an overhaul. Oh Sandy........  :cool:

Rob Brownfield

Cheeky bugger!..lol

Ordered the bits from Guides n Blanks yesterday at 3pm..arrived this morning at 9pm...bloody good service indeed!!!

Guess I am going to be busy at the weekend :)

Dave Mundie

Cheeky bugger!..lol

Ordered the bits from Guides n Blanks yesterday at 3pm..arrived this morning at 9pm...bloody good service indeed!!!

Guess I am going to be busy at the weekend :)

:? arrived this morning at 9pm :? :z8

Dave

Rob Brownfield

ok, ok..9am..lol

Hamish Young

Still impressive - question is...... will the rods be done by 9pm  :?  :z4 :z4

Sandy Nelson

Aye tis a dangerous game once you start Rob :z4

Makes you feel good afterwards though :z16, my new toy is hardening as we speak :wink

As for Guidesnblanks their service is excellent and i get most of my stuff from them as well.
Its the web front for Hopkins and Holloway so is kind of a manufacturers shop.
if you phone its also possible to get a good deal on some of the blanks/kits that are discontinued :wink

have fun Rob, hopefully Cassie understands :z4

Sandy

Rob Brownfield

Sandy,
I was just well chuffed the stuff arrived so quickly. For fly stuff i normally deal with Lathkill Tackle so its been a while since I used G n B.

As for blanks, just had some rather special fly blanks made up for the Pike Fly Fishing Association. First two sold already :) Its nice to deal with a manufacturer that understands what you want rather than one that tries to palm you off with a fast actioned saltwater blank, which is pretty useless for very very large flies. sorted  :z16

Rob Brownfield

Still impressive - question is...... will the rods be done by 9pm  :?  :z4 :z4

Hamish,
What do you think ;)  :z18

Hamish Young

Probably not Rob - probably not  :z7

Rob Brownfield

Started at 12pm on Saturday, handle finished by half past....mainly coz I had to ream out the handle a fair bit as its a 10 weight rod :z6 so took a bit longer. Just letting it all set before I turn the handle down a bit, and then the rings will get done tomorrow evening :)

soooooo..  :z7

:z4

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com