Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

River Don 2015
« on: 23/01/2015 at 18:17 »
IAA March To The River Don

Inverurie Angling Association would like to invite all anglers who fish the river to attend their annual March To The River Don on Saturday the 14th of February, to celebrate the opening of the 2015 fishing season :cool:

The March to the river leaves the Kintore Arms Hotel in Inverurie at 9.30 am and will be preceded by tea, coffee and biscuits in the hotel from 8.45 am. Please bring friends and family along.

Some of you may possibly not be aware that 2014 saw the passing of the Reverend Graeme Longmuir. Graeme was a keen angler himself and has blessed the river at many of our opening ceremonies.

I am sure that his absence from this year's event will be felt by all of us!

Best wishes
Mike

Marc Fauvet

Re: River Don 2015
« Reply #1 on: 23/01/2015 at 18:59 »
spot the Mike !  :z4 :z4 :z4

Jim Eddie

« Reply #2 on: 23/01/2015 at 20:35 »
Won't make it this year , back to Africa on the 12 th. Sorry to hear about the minister, he will be missed. Also that was not a bad drop of Whisky  :wink

:z18
Jim

Allan Liddle

« Reply #3 on: 26/01/2015 at 00:26 »
Should be around for this one Mike with luck and work providing hope to tag along

« Reply #4 on: 04/02/2015 at 10:38 »
 2015 Council permit's still not available online are they available in Sloans  :z8 :z8.

Nae long noo.

was having a look on fish pal looks like monymusk prices are down a tad at 42 quid plus vat for Salmon although that may be the same as last year. seems good value any way.

Paul Rankine

« Reply #5 on: 07/02/2015 at 00:49 »
Hi All,
          Hoping to catch up with old friends at this , and having a few early season casts ,

Cheers,

Paul

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #6 on: 07/02/2015 at 13:38 »
I'm afraid I'm working again :cry

Hope you all have a great day and bend a few rods :z16

Sandy

Brian Brand

« Reply #7 on: 13/02/2015 at 21:06 »
Hi, weather looks not too bad for tomorrow so hope that you can along to the March.
Why not pop down before you pick up your flowers for your better half.

As Mike said above Graeme will be sorely missed this year, Stuart Watson has kindly stepped in this year to do the blessing.

Hope to see you there,
All the best,
Bri.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #8 on: 14/02/2015 at 12:10 »
Great to meet up with everybody this morning ..... I enjoyed that :z16

I didn't take the camera along, hopefully somebody else will have some pics.

Looks like the council waters will be open for C&R trout fishing on a Sunday this year ...... watch out for confirmation of this on your 2015 permits and their website :wink

Cheers
Mike

Allan Liddle

« Reply #9 on: 14/02/2015 at 14:42 »
Good to see you and the others as well Mike.

Got a few pics so will post 'em soon as i've got 'em off the camera.

Allan  :z16

Colin Sunley

« Reply #10 on: 14/02/2015 at 16:33 »

Looks like the council waters will be open for C&R trout fishing on a Sunday this year ...... watch out for confirmation of this on your 2015 permits and their website :wink

Cheers
Mike

Indeed an interesting development, I wander if this will include the Council beat at Kintore,  If so will cause a little confusion as the AdAA currently doesn't not have this right to fish on Sunday there. ?
Will be looking on with interest on this development.

Brian Brand

« Reply #11 on: 14/02/2015 at 17:08 »
Thank to those who turned up today, I really enjoyed it.

I would like to thank Provost Jill Webster, Raymond Bisset and Stuart Watson for their stories, poems and Blessing the River.
Also the Kintore Arms Hotel for their hospitality.
And to our sponsors Glen Garioch Distillery for providing the Whisky, a lovely dram.

Ben Dixon

« Reply #12 on: 14/02/2015 at 22:53 »
Sorry I couldn't make today, first one I've missed since being in Aberdeenshire.  I had a rod elsewhere that needed an early start, no joy.

Any reports of salmon in the system?

Cheers

Ben

Mike Barrio

« Reply #13 on: 15/02/2015 at 11:11 »
Not heard of any salmon being caught yet Ben.

Cheers
Mike

Noel Kelly

« Reply #14 on: 15/02/2015 at 19:05 »
Hi guys, not long now until we are back on the banks again. I'm away at the moment so missed the opening day. Looks a good turnout and much milder than other years.
Good to hear that the council are opening up Sunday fishing. I can't see it being an issue at Kintore, sure it's different banks to the adaa water anyway pretty much.
Could someone please tell me what beats open on the 15th of March for trout? I may be back for a few days then and would be keen to get out if conditions are suitable.
When does the deveron open?
 :z18

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com