Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Kevin Moss

There isnt much to report due to weather conditions.This weekend looks as though it should be fine and the good thing is All lochs are clear of any ice and we will always have open water for fishing even if ice does come,we are open for fishing with plenty water.

We update daily in these conditions on our face book pages ,along with pictures of the fishery as it is on the day so as anglers can see for themselves.As they say a picture paints a thousand words and then you can decide if you want to fish or not.

Check out our facebook pages for both fisheries to keep you upto date with conditions and its better to be safe and that comes first for us as there will always be another day to fish.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Morayflyfishing-and-Glen-of-Rothes-trout-and-Coarse-fishery/345841852191983

https://www.facebook.com/MillbuiesTroutFishery

Millbuies is ice free also but the storms have brought down trees,some very old but have been totally uprooted and lost.Thankfully they did not effect any of the fishery and the council will be getting on clearing these so plenty wood spare.We are also open for fishing at Millbuies with bookings as normal.

Stocking continues despite the weather and pictures on our face book of the quality of them with a lot of good fish to come this year all ordered the fishing,when the weather comes decent should be good and with Millbuies stocked to the hilt with browns to add a difference.

Stay safe all.

Mike Barrio

Re: Glen and Millbuies updates in the bad weather.
« Reply #1 on: 14/01/2015 at 13:10 »
Thanks for the updates Kev ...... always a good read :z16

Kevin Moss

« Reply #2 on: 15/01/2015 at 11:21 »
Cheers Mike.

The weather here today is horrendous blowing a gale and driving sleet/rain not great at all and certainly no fishing in this for anyone.I d rather see people enjoying fishing than standing in this lot at the moment.At least the forecast is looking better for Friday and the weekend,although colder we will have plenty of water open as always even in the worst freezing conditions the Glen will always have open water and not be closed because of ice.

James Abel

« Reply #3 on: 23/01/2015 at 20:49 »
Hi all,

I would like to thank Kevin for a great day 13 fish 3x blues 2 double hook ups and my best a 10Lb bow what a fight. I cant remember the last time I was at fishery and saw 2 big fish taken in the same day :z16

Kevin Moss

« Reply #4 on: 24/01/2015 at 08:51 »
Glad you had a great day James and you saw it in its true light.Did say it was a hard day last time and not the usual.Nice to see you hook into one of our bigger fish  and see someone else get one aswell as there is plenty there.Great to see a reply on your days fishing. 
Taking your point on board we discussed,just so anglers know ,the Glen is always open when ice is about as there is always open water for fishing and we don't close when there is ice as we keep the main loch open so you will always get fishing.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com