Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Colin Sunley

Highland Holiday Lets
« on: 11/01/2015 at 15:41 »
Hi Guys am looking for suggestions for holiday lets in the highlands and Isle, With some fishing availability locally to residence would be perfect. 
There was a post on here recently about the very thing but could not find it.

If anyone could offer anything to try as am researching  for the summer holiday.

Cheers
Colin

Hamish Young

Re: Highland Holiday Lets
« Reply #1 on: 11/01/2015 at 15:45 »
Where do you want to go, how much would you like to spend and what would you like to fish for  :?

Colin Sunley

« Reply #2 on: 11/01/2015 at 16:14 »
Hamish,

Anywhere in the West Coast,  Highlands & Lewis and Harris,  open to anything anywhere recommendations,
I think about £750per week
Planning to go School summer holidays, i'll say trout but open to any sort

Col

Hamish Young

« Reply #3 on: 11/01/2015 at 19:50 »
.... and for how many (ie. number rooms)  :?

Colin Sunley

« Reply #4 on: 11/01/2015 at 21:15 »

Am going to go with this as am curious as to where your leading me,   2 rooms,  3 people,  and if the wife had her way 2 dogs

Hamish Young

« Reply #5 on: 12/01/2015 at 09:20 »

Colin Sunley

« Reply #6 on: 12/01/2015 at 10:20 »
Thanks Hamish,
Was not meaning for anyone to look for me, more for recommendations of places they had been too already, having said that much appreciated ,
Your first link would have been ideal, but a little pricy from me, but has everything we would require,  Will look for alternatives in that area might be a starter, 
I came across your other two in my search, but again appreciated.

Col

Hamish Young

« Reply #7 on: 13/01/2015 at 00:05 »
These are all places I've been to  :wink

I know a few more, but let us know how you get on  :z16

H :cool:

Colin Sunley

« Reply #8 on: 13/01/2015 at 12:15 »

My Daughter was off School yesterday,  So got it all sorted yesterday, 
Great Glen Park on the Banks of Loch Oich,  That's going to be base camp with touring the area with the wife,  & With a few days fishing for me thrown in  :z12
Will be there in July so not exactly best time fishing seasonal wise,   
The River Garry is just up the road and have spotted Lochaber on Fishpal for some other places, but I quite fancy a guided fishing day on Loch Morar.
many more places tucked away that I would love to try but fear that will be another trip with like minded people,. :z16

Cheers for you help. 

Col

Mike Barrio

« Reply #9 on: 13/01/2015 at 12:34 »
We stayed there, a long time ago now, probably 20 years :shock ..... but I remember it as being a great location for a holiday :cool:

That brings back memories ..... I caught a couple of salmon on the Garry, due in no small part to some guidance from a very short, old mannie who had sneaked up on me from behind a bush, but then advised me exactly where to cast ( within inches :shock ) He was quite fragile looking, wore wellies, a kilt and a tweed jacket. On returning later that day to the wee post office that I'd got my permit from ..... they told me it had been the Laird.

Enjoy!
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #10 on: 13/01/2015 at 13:00 »
PS: Don't miss following the River Garry up the A87 ( Near the Glengarry Filling Station ) ....... the A87 is an awesome road with so much to see :z16

Colin Sunley

« Reply #11 on: 13/01/2015 at 13:20 »
PS: Don't miss following the River Garry up the A87 ( Near the Glengarry Filling Station ) ....... the A87 is an awesome road with so much to see :z16
I know exactly what you mean,  About four Years ago when I had my R1200 GS BMW bike  I  did the Applecross run on the bike with a mate, Came up from Fort William and took that road.
It was a fantastic road, In-fact the Whole trip was fantastic brilliant place to be. Many many stops to take it all in, Love the west coast. 

Didn't have two many kilted Gentlemen jumping out of bushes at us, but had plenty of Sheep,  and dodge the road kill was the order of the day, and cattle grids on a bike are no fun at all I can assure you.

Am now really looking forward, must get a new bike

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #12 on: 13/01/2015 at 19:53 »
C K D Galbraith have loads of holiday lets throughout the highlands,Cottages & castles,easgach 1

Noel Kelly

« Reply #13 on: 13/01/2015 at 22:48 »
We stayed there, a long time ago now, probably 20 years :shock ..... but I remember it as being a great location for a holiday :cool:

That brings back memories ..... I caught a couple of salmon on the Garry, due in no small part to some guidance from a very short, old mannie who had sneaked up on me from behind a bush, but then advised me exactly where to cast ( within inches :shock ) He was quite fragile looking, wore wellies, a kilt and a tweed jacket. On returning later that day to the wee post office that I'd got my permit from ..... they told me it had been the Laird.

Enjoy!
Mike

Great story Mike!

Mike Barrio

« Reply #14 on: 15/01/2015 at 14:15 »

Oops :X1 ..... Just looked this up as I remembered it being a dead end. We left the A87 at Loch Garry on that trip and took the single track road down to Kinloch Hourn :cool:

Cheers
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com