Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Kevin Moss

Glen and Millbuies
« on: 17/11/2014 at 08:13 »
Glen of Rothes trout and Coarse fishery
The weather once again dominated fishing this week and rain and winds seem to be common these days with occasional day of fine conditions more suited for anglers.The fishing certainly doesnt change and its about tackling up to suit the day you choose to fish and fish will follow.Most of this week brighter coloured patterns have worked well,orange,white and lime being the best,which is about right for this time of year.Intermediate lines and also floating lines with buzzers on them produced.Plenty of larger fish are being taken as they pack on weight for the winter.Craig Stephen had a good day with a 6lb 1ozs fish and a Tagged fish,Alan Stephen had a 5lb fish,Lenny Davidson a 5lb 6oz fish,Willie Petrie had  2good fish a 6lb 14ozs and a BLue of 4lb 3ozs,Roger Simpson had a brace of 11lbs 2ozs with fish of 6lb 10ozs and 4lb 8ozs,Gary Gormley had a Blue of 8lbs and Dave Anderson a blue of 3lbs.
Coarse loch
Those who fished this week caught,mostly on red maggot and meat baits with Roach,Rudd and Skimmers making up the bags.
Millbuies Trout fishery
Millbuies closes in 2 weeks time for the month of December only and those who fished did catch well.Mike Shewan had 11 fish to the boat, and others all had 4 fish or more.2 Boats are available now as the other boats are out untill the start of the new season and to give fish a chance to over winter so as they are in prime condition for the new season beginning.

Graeme Gauld

Re: Glen and Millbuies
« Reply #1 on: 17/11/2014 at 13:45 »
Ken
        I thought I would post a thankyou to you and your staff I was fishing Millbuies on Sunday
        with my good friend the fish we caught were superb in every way full tailed and scrapped like the devil,
        the fishery  is truely special and for anyone who has never fished the lochs get up there you will not be disappointed , keep up the good work

:X1
Cheers
Graeme

Kevin Moss

Re: Glen and Millbuies
« Reply #2 on: 19/11/2014 at 11:29 »
Thanks Graeme Im glad you both had a good day on the lochs.Thankyou for that.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com