Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

roar

Wanted: Playfair Grant Vibration
« on: 04/11/2014 at 10:24 »
I want a Playfair Grant Vibration in good order. From 12' and longer.

Roar

Marc Fauvet

Re: Wanted: Playfair Grant Vibration
« Reply #1 on: 04/11/2014 at 13:32 »
hard to imagine a nicer first post and introduction to the group...

roar

« Reply #2 on: 04/11/2014 at 13:54 »
Thats because I could not find a place to introduce myself, but I will give it another try:

Hello
My name is Roar and I am from Norway. I am a keen flyfisher. Fishing mostly in Norway and Scotland.
I am also a collector of vintage Fishing gear. Mostly reels and rods. Have a nice collection of Edward vom Hofe reels and Hardy reels and some really rare bamboo rods.
Have written a book about my Collection. It is called "The Lindsų Collection". Working with the third edition now.

Roar

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 04/11/2014 at 14:00 »
Hello Roar,
Welcome to the forum :z16

I can't think of anybody that has a Grant Vibration for sale ............. but fingers crossed!

Best wishes
Mike

Mike Thornton

« Reply #4 on: 04/11/2014 at 16:47 »
Have a look at Neil Freeman's , ANGLING AUCTION catalogue, which will be published for his spring sale of vintage tackle next year. He usually has a few spliced greenheart vibration rods on offer.  I sold a couple four years ago and they made £100 each.  Will probably cost more now. Hope this helps.

Colin Sunley

« Reply #5 on: 04/11/2014 at 19:41 »
Welcome,   :z18
Just send the Cheque in the post for the Plug,
http://roar-l.blogspot.co.uk/p/test_11.html

Will save others the time to look,

Col

border trout

« Reply #6 on: 20/11/2014 at 00:01 »
Hello Roar, i have a collection of 6 Original Playfair Grants Vibration Rods that i will be selling shortly if you are still interested? I have different sizes and some in better condition than others most with original bags, I am currently sorting through them and will be able to send you more information and pictures if you like?.
Many thanks. 

roar

« Reply #7 on: 20/11/2014 at 08:34 »
Hello

I am interested to hear what you have. Since I put in this article that I was interested in these rods I have got some offers.I bought one, but that one disappeared in the postage. I got a empty tube :-(
So if you could tell me a little more about these rods it would be very interesting. The lenght of the rod, condition and specially the number on the splices. Is it a troutrod or a salmonrod. But we see that on the lenght. You could send it to my mailaddress if you want to. It is roar.lindso@broadpark.no

Thank you a lot border Trout.

Cheers
Roar

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com