Fishing The Fly Forum, based in Aberdeenshire,  Scotland

Andy Finlay

9ft 5wt's Imago IPT, Fario, Scott S4
« on: October 27, 2014, 11:32:38 AM »
I've decided to down size a few things and first to go will be 1 or 2 rods. I have the following available and will sell 1 or 2 and keep the other(s). All have been used; some more than others but all in good condition other than a bit of discolouration to the handles.

1st up is an Imago IPT-IM 9ft 5wt. This is the medium action model and a beautiful rod to cast with plenty of power for fighting bigger fish. I had the pleasure of landing a couple of 4lbs+ Brownies off the Don this year on this rod and it handled them with no issues. Rod has only been used approximately 10 times max. Not a load of info on this road online but have put a link to a review from someone who may be familiar to a few off here. Looking for 225 for this one.

http://thelimpcobra.com/tag/imago-fly-rods/

2nd is a Scott S4, bought off Sandy a while back and still in great condition. Lovely slim handle and quality finish as expected. Handle is a wee bit dirty but other than that fine condition. Looking for 225.

3rd is a well used guideline Fario. This is my go to rod and the one I'm most likely to hold onto. Cork isnt the greatest with some filler missing and a bit dirty but still got plenty of life in it. Looking for 150.

All rods are 4 piece and come with correct tubes. I'll get some pics up if anyone is interested. All are plus postage but I'm in Aberdeen and happy for collection / could drop off if local.

Marc Fauvet

Re: 9ft 5wt's Imago IPT, Fario, Scott S4
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 12:56:37 PM »
that's a steal for the Imago... :z16

Andy Finlay

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 22:29:49 PM »
I'm up for offers on all the rods as I've another 5wt on the way :oops

Andy Finlay

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 14:02:44 PM »
Any interest before they go on eBay?

Andy Finlay

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 11:54:12 AM »
Imago is sold, just the scott and the guideline left.

Andy Finlay

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 21:26:07 PM »
Decided to keep the fario so if anyone is interested in the Scott S4 let me know.

Forum moderators : Mike Barrio - Hamish Young - Sandy Nelson

Barrio Fly Lines, designed in Scotland ... Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines - www.flylineshop.com - At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

Copyright www.fishingthefly.co.uk all rights reserved

Please click here to read our cookies and privacy information before using our website forum