Re: Epic DH11..... I'm intrigued.....
« Reply #15 on: 03/01/2015 at 10:06 »
........... and having a play :z12

Ocht well..... go on then  :z7 :z4 :z16

H :cool:

Rich Knoles

« Reply #16 on: 05/01/2015 at 23:56 »
Sorry Guys, I'm late to the party here. I've thrown it with Skagits to 520 grain. It will turn 10-11 feet T-14 over.  I fished it for 5 days with an SA 520 Skagit Extreme Intermediate with T-14 on it.  For me the 8/9 Switch works well. I haven't had to many other proper lines on it yet. Some lighter Skagits work well, depending on how much junk you're throwing. The grain window range on the rod is pretty spot on. It will throw all those line weights. I'd like another foot of rod. It's a beautiful color purple in the sunlight. I'll be working up all the Switch Lines on it when I get back to Michigan

Mike Barrio

« Reply #17 on: 21/01/2015 at 12:42 »
Sandy dropped my new toy off yesterday ..... can't wait for the weather to improve :cool:

Awesome build Sandy :z16

Colin Sunley

« Reply #18 on: 21/01/2015 at 14:43 »
Switch Rod ?
Opps should have read the other comments first,  :z8

Mike Thornton

« Reply #19 on: 21/01/2015 at 15:39 »
The  world famous R.B. MEISER double handed fly rods all come with a grain window which indicates a variation of up to 300 grains for any given rod. It was also common for Bruce and Walker to indicate a three line weight variation on their salmon fly rods.
 Todays "tippy" rods seem much more restrictive on line size capability, and it is unfortunate that many new anglers have probably never experienced a rod that loads right to the butt.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #20 on: 21/01/2015 at 16:32 »
it is unfortunate that many new anglers have probably never experienced a rod that loads right to the butt.

Yes, it's great to be able to try all sorts of rods with different actions Mike :cool:

Hamish Young

« Reply #21 on: 21/01/2015 at 19:23 »
Sandy dropped my new toy off yesterday ..... can't wait for the weather to improve :cool:

Good.... the sooner it improves the sooner you can bring it up here for me to play with borrow for a very long time dick around with test it  :z13

Graeme Inglis

« Reply #22 on: 22/01/2015 at 07:24 »
I shall be giving mine another outing in exactly 4 weeks! I'll watch this space to see what you guys think though.

Graeme

Hamish Young

« Reply #23 on: 23/03/2015 at 09:15 »
Graeme - I see you're selling your home build Epic DH11, not what you expected/wanted :? I have yet to try Mr B's Epic and am interested in what folk have found when they've used it.
I dislike the Epic single handers - not hate, just dislike - but I'd have thought the DH11 would work nicely.....

Graeme Inglis

« Reply #24 on: 04/04/2015 at 22:04 »
Hi Hamish,
Its not bad especially with Mike's Switch 8/9, but it needs a change in technique for the through action of the blank to get the best out of it and I guess I'm a bit long in the tooth for that.  Besides I found that that same Switch line transformed my Guideline LPX Switch rod which kind of made the DH11 redundant.  Unlike you I love my Epic trout rod for dry fly, wet fly, sinking tips etc. is a different matter.

It's a pity about the DH11 I enjoyed the build and I put a lot into it, but....

Graeme

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com