Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Loch Lee
« on: 28/10/2014 at 21:00 »
Anybody casted a line in Loch Lee i had a stroll around the loch and over the hills a while back it looks good and has easy access. the fellas fishing that day were saying it has big wild trout and arctic charr.
I hear Arctic charr are very good eating so i am temped to have a go sometime.

Eddie Sinclair

Re: Loch Lee
« Reply #1 on: 29/10/2014 at 03:26 »
I have fished Loch Lee and whilst there are some very large trout, I have caught the normal hill loch sized residents which are good fun, and yes you do get the occasional char whilst fishing for the brownies. All the usual suspects of hill loch traditional patterns will work fine up there, lovely scenic loch but look out for the wind it can funnel down the loch at an alarming rate.

Hope you go next season and have a good time.

Eddie. :z18

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 29/10/2014 at 08:39 »
Used to walk around it a fair bit when I lived down that way and often saw char topping up the far end on a summers evening. Would have been great fun on a light fly rod.

I believe the char often come to deeply fished flies, often as they come up on a vertical retrieve. A mate who used to fish it a lot before moving away had some big bags of fish (before these more enlightened days) and he would pass some to me for dead baits for the pike. They are awful bonny fish!

I concur with the wind issue. I have been blown off my feet several times in that glen, it can be very scary!

Small point of interest, the glen holds some of the oldest remains of human civilization in Britain, with cultivation and village remains evident.

Hamish Young

« Reply #3 on: 29/10/2014 at 09:05 »
Small point of interest, the glen holds some of the oldest remains of human civilization in Britain, with cultivation and village remains evident.

Presumably they were all blown away  :z7

« Reply #4 on: 29/10/2014 at 09:22 »
Aye the fellas i was speaking to said the wind coming down dose ruin the fishing, seems good value tho and you can drive right to the boat house. A fine path up mount keen near by if the fishing is rubbish.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com