Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jacques Kerspern

Re: Fishing Bags
« Reply #30 on: 05/03/2015 at 09:51 »
Only waistcoat pockets for tackles....
....If you don't kill any fish, fishing bags aren't needed.........

Euan Innes

« Reply #31 on: 06/05/2015 at 18:49 »
Just a wee update on the Umpqua chest pack.
The first outing to Glen Tanar prooved that it was worth every penny. The camera pocket works really well and the main pocket has more than enough room for two boxes, biscuits and spare leaders. The front elasticated pockets keep the nylon spools perfectly. Fullers earth, forceps and the best bit, having a litre of water in the back with a tube over the harness. It also sits over whatever jacket , fleece, tshirt that you are wearing and easily adjust to fit.
It was also the first time that I have used a Platypus hydration system whilst fishing and I have to say that I am a dick for not getting one earlier. Even in the cold wind sipping water kept me going all day.  :z16
The biggest worry that I had was would the Overlook chest pack get in the way casting or landing troot? No it doesn't, not in the slightest.
Love it!

:z1

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #32 on: 06/05/2015 at 20:10 »
I used an ex  wd Jacket that I bought at a carboot for a £5, it was as new as the guy had boxes of them it was very good nicely wind proof and shower proof it was fine until my daughter got her hands on it, so Now I'll have to find that carboot sale again,I have a wee rucksack for my stove and Kettle, the stove weighs 40gms  the kettle is the small trangia,I find that's lighter than carrying a flask and you can have a hot drink any time, I have a Cloud Veil vest but it's got too many hidden corners, easgach 1

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com