Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Float tubes
« on: 01/10/2014 at 12:15 »
I spend the majority of my time fishing hill lochs. There have been several occasions this season when, I suspect, it would be a great advantage to be afloat. This got me thinking about float tubes and the practicalities of getting to various far flung waters whilst carrying a tube and the various bits and pieces of additional equipment required.

I recently received a bit of a “hard sell” from a couple of friends who swear by float tubes and use them when and wherever possible. They both use Sparton Cruiser tubes and their recommendation was to try and source one second hand.

So if anyone knows of someone thinking of selling a Sparton Cruiser float tube I would appreciate it if you could put me in touch with them.
As a back-up plan I would be keen to know what peoples thoughts were on the best alternative?

Euan Innes

Mike Barrio

Re: Float tubes
« Reply #2 on: 01/10/2014 at 12:21 »
That's a real bargain, they used to cost a lot more than that and they are very hard to find now! :z16

« Reply #3 on: 01/10/2014 at 12:32 »
Thank you gents  :X1

« Reply #4 on: 01/10/2014 at 13:36 »
Out of interest what is the going rate for these tubes?  I was expecting them to be a wee bit cheaper.

Euan Innes

« Reply #5 on: 01/10/2014 at 14:34 »
They won't come much cheaper than that I'm afraid.
The Shakespeare version is cheaper, and just as rare, but the Spartons are highly sought after and reckoned to be the one to have.
Many on here will argue about the merits of a low rider tube versus modern high riders but that is a Marmite arguement. I love my Shakey but if a Sparton had come along at the right price I would have had one of them instead.
Now stop reading this crap and go and buy it!  :z4

:z1

« Reply #6 on: 01/10/2014 at 15:11 »
Done  :z4

Thanks again.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com