Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Euan Innes

Last weekend at Beannie
« on: 21/09/2014 at 10:56 »
I've been trying all year to get back to Beannie and finally I made it before the snows came!
Last Sunday Iain Cameron, Darren Kirkwood and myself took a wander up the hill to see if the troots would play. Just before the hut we were greeted by clouds of olives and it didn't take much more than that to spur us in to action. After a quick brew whilst we tackled up we were all soon wading out and casting to rising troot.

I must have missed half a dozen of the little buggers before one finally came to hand. Takes were lightening fast and you had to be too.
We stopped for lunch and compared notes and decided that sub surface was much better than on the top. Darren took the boat out for a spin and had some success at the beach end of the loch. Iain did the same later, again with success, but I stuck to wading the hut shore, which is the reason that I love going to Beannie.

This decision ended with a lovelly pounder in the net and a big grin on my face. He was one of the spottiest troot I have ever seen and a good end to another great day on one of my favourite lochs.

Definately back next year!

Eddie Sinclair

Re: Last weekend at Beannie
« Reply #1 on: 21/09/2014 at 11:57 »
Euan,

thanks for the report.

Will be back next summer to join you up there again.

Eddie :z16 :z18

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 21/09/2014 at 12:14 »
Great stuff Euan,

Thanks for sharing, it's nice up there :z16

Cheers
Mike

Iain Cameron

« Reply #3 on: 24/09/2014 at 13:43 »
a couple of pics from another grand Day oot.

Euan in the water. It is shallow, so you can cover a lot of ground by wading about.

You do need the boat to get out to the island:

and an obligatory fish pic:

good day. A straightforward walk in of 45mins, and a loch of a comfy size for a day's casting

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 24/09/2014 at 13:50 »
Great stuff :z16

I love the walk in, certainly better in boots or waders as it gets a bit boggy in places :z4

Cheers
Mike

Euan Innes

« Reply #5 on: 24/09/2014 at 21:32 »
I do love a spotty troot (and that is not code)
It was indeed another grand day oot.  :z16

:z1

Allan Liddle

« Reply #6 on: 19/10/2014 at 08:59 »
Cracking trots, long time since I ventured up there, need to put that right next year.

Ben Crichton

« Reply #7 on: 19/09/2017 at 09:03 »
Looked at that loch a few times in Bruce Sandison's book. Looks like a good introduction to wild loch fishing!?

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com