Fishing The Fly Forum, based in Aberdeenshire,  Scotland

Mike Barrio

Re: Barrio SLXi and GT90i intermediate fly lines
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2015, 10:47:48 AM »
Barrio SLXi intermediate fly line review :cool:

Fly Fishing & Fly Tying magazine, by Magnus Angus.

www.flylineshop.com   At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

Mike Barrio

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2018, 09:52:32 AM »

James Lehmann

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2019, 18:14:58 PM »
Hopped on to the Barrio website shop to purchase another GT90i WF7 today and whaddya know - they don't seem to be listed at all anymore!

Gone. Deleted. Away.  :z8

Which is a shame as I've caught more fish on the GT90i than  I have on all my other lines combined - it's a fantastic line for all the fishing I do and my review of this line has featured on this website since 2012.

I need another one!

What's the story?

Cheers,

James

Mike Barrio

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2019, 18:54:33 PM »
Hi James

I've been working on this one for a while ........ a new intermediate line that combines all the best features and benefits that we learned from the GT90i and SLXi lines that it replaces.

See: https://www.flylineshop.com/shop.html#!/Barrio-Intermediate-Fly-Lines/p/47001018/category=12258499

Please give it a try and let me know how you get on  :z16

Best wishes
Mike

James Lehmann

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2019, 21:06:06 PM »
Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply.

Your website says: "The Barrio Intermediate is... a well balanced line based on our classic Mallard tapers... that combines all the best features and benefits that we learned from the GT90i and SLXi that it replaces"

Hmm... Only you know the real differences and similarities between all four of these lines, but I have to say I had happily settled on your GT90/GT90i series of lines as being my lines of choice, having also tried the Mallards and the SLX and for whatever reason not got on with them quite as well.

That said, for 28.80 I can probably afford to take the plunge and try one of the new ones out.

Forum moderators : Mike Barrio - Hamish Young - Sandy Nelson

Barrio Fly Lines, designed in Scotland ... Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines - www.flylineshop.com - At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

Copyright www.fishingthefly.co.uk all rights reserved

Please click here to read our cookies and privacy information before using our website forum