Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Junior Competition at Haddo?
« on: 13/08/2007 at 19:52 »
Lewis Calderbank asked me if I would hold a junior competition at the fishery. I think that these may possibly be lacking in popularity due to the usual "under 16" format?

I am thinking of holding one for teenagers, yes 13 to 19 year olds ......... Does this sound like a good idea?

Hoping for some feedback ....... What do the young forum members think?  :wink

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Jay Scott

Re: Junior Competition at Haddo?
« Reply #1 on: 14/08/2007 at 20:58 »

Sounds good Mike, i'm up for it.

Jay

esoxfly

« Reply #2 on: 15/08/2007 at 17:39 »
Nice idea Mike.

I can give you the contact details for all of the local schools if you wanted to send them a wee flyer.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 15/08/2007 at 22:56 »
Nice idea Mike.

I can give you the contact details for all of the local schools if you wanted to send them a wee flyer.

Thanks for the kind offer  :z16

But ......... to be honest I don't really hold events like this or the float tube gatherings etc to attract more anglers to the fishery, the idea is more about offering a variety of fun events to the ones that normally come.

Hmmmm that does not read very well  :z6 I know what I'm trying to say  :oops ........ New faces are of course very welcome to come along!

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 16/08/2007 at 10:27 »
Hey mike atz a great idea aye would be up for that no problems.How much people would u need to hold one?Cheers jamie

esoxfly

« Reply #5 on: 16/08/2007 at 21:09 »
No worries Mike - I know what you're saying.  It's a delicate balance - Haddo is a special place and those who fish it regularly would want to keep it that way.

I'm not a regular at Haddo (or anywhere else for that matter  :cry) so didn't know how healthy your "junior" numbers were.  I used to take groups of school kids from Huntly and Aberdeen on a wee tour of the fisheries (pre-Haddo) each summer and many of the fishery regulars commented on how they rarely saw teenagers fishing. 

Anyway, the offer is there if you need any help/advice on this score in the future.

Hopefully be out for a visit soon.

Cheers,
Chris

« Reply #6 on: 16/08/2007 at 23:22 »
   Hi Mike

I am sure Andrew would be up for  it .I will get him to reply himself.

Henry from thewaterbouys . :z18

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com