Mike put me down for the 19th as well kipps

Hi "Kipps"
You've posted your first message ......... cool  :z16

See ya Sunday
Cheers
Mike

Mike Barrio

Hi Mike

Was not sure i would make this one,as i have visiters but they leave on sat.
           So see you Sunday.

Henry from thewaterbouys. :z18

Great stuff ....... See you Sunday

Mike

Kev Danby

If I get enough wild brownie points on Sat then hopefully I can make it.

Mike Barrio

Hi folks
Let's hope the rain stops!  :z7

Tomorrow promises to be good fun ........... I think Richard intends to bring 3 float tubes and 4 pontoon boats for you to try  :cool:

:z2  :z2  :z2 Will be a long walk round to the hut with all his kit, so please "muck in" and help if you can  :z16

See you tomorrow
Mike

Sandy Nelson

The way this weather is going, you'll all be padddling round to the hut :z4

Mind you the twin hulls might keep you from snagging on the path,
have fun ,
dead jealous unless it doesn't stop raining :z7

Sandy

Mike Barrio

Hi folks  :cool:

Well ....... that was loads and loads of fun  :z12

I'm sure we'll speak more about fishing from pontoon boats over the next few days .......... but for tonight, I'd just like to say a big thank you to Richard for bringing the demonstrators to Haddo for us to play with  :z16

Cheers
Mike

Jim Eddie

Mike

Just to say thanks to yourself and Richard for doing something different. An enjoyable experience.  :z16

:z18

Jim

Mike Barrio

Thanks Jim

We will be able to continue to experiment with fly fishing from a pontoon boat as there is now one at Haddo. I'm sure we'll have hours of fun working out how a wee anchor, drogue and line tray etc will suit the kit  :wink

Richard commented yesterday that he is fairly sure that this was the first pontoon boat gathering in Scotland and more than likely the first in the UK .......... cool  :cool:

Great to see you enjoying yourselves
Cheers
Mike

Mike Barrio

Nah, I don't believe you Dave  :z4

Dave Olley

If I remember correctly I was describing a strange email / advert I had got from the States  :z7
Can I add my thanks for a really different experience. Now I want one of those as well :grin

Paul Rankine

Hi Mike,
           Sorry I couldn't make it on the day, that looked like loads of fun. Suffering from a broken little toe which has curtailed my recent activities breifly, trying to rest it up before a trip north. Look forward to having a shot though, looks particularly useful for locomotively challenged decripit auld gits with dodgy knees ,
.......   like me.   :grin
Cheers for the noo.

Paul.

Hi Mike
               Just to say thanks for good day out and to Richard for binging his toys along for us adults to play with. It was great to try the float tubes out certainly opened my eyes as i am after a new one . Just cant get passed my  " RT" .The pontoon boats were good had a wee try at the end A to B in no time with little effort.The one mike got will be in Great demand at Haddo so have fun .

Henry from thewaterbouys :z18

PDScott

Richard has 23 photos of the pontoon day on his web site as of yesterday - follow the link from page 1 of this topic to the site and then to the Gallery and, as the saying goes, "Robert is your father's brother".
Hope to see everyone at the next Float tube day (or might it be Float tube/pontoon day?).
Peter

Sandy Nelson

I finally got out to try the Pontoon today.

It would be great fun to have a pontoon boat race around the loch, light, manovourable and easy to row, good fun.
Wasn't keen on fishing from it, it was a bit tough to net the fish cleanly and quickly, no where to put me rod either :roll.
And did anyone else find the fish taking the piss!:z6

Much prefer the tube for fishing, still pontoon boat racing sounds like a lot of fun :z7

Sandy

Mike Barrio

Hi Sandy

Here are a few of the photos that I took  :cool:

Cheers
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com