Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Acedude

fly tying clubs?
« on: 02/07/2014 at 15:14 »
hello everyone,
       I've been fly fishing for many years. Just recently i've been laid up with a back injury, so I decided to take up the art of fly tying. As the Black Pennel is my favourite fly i thought it would be a good starting point. I looked up the pattern on youtube and follow the directions and all went well with a few teething problems, for instance hackle length. i've looked online for some fly tying clubs in the Inverurie area and came up with nothing ( for some help and reassurance mainly).Does anyone know of any. Help would be appreciated. Thanks. Tight lines.

Peter.

Mike Barrio

Re: fly tying clubs?
« Reply #1 on: 04/07/2014 at 00:42 »
Hi Peter, welcome to the forum :z16

I don't know of any fly tying clubs in the area I'm afraid, although there is usually one in Aberdeen in the winter, outside the fishing season.

A possible way forward might be to join Inverurie Angling Association and then ask the club about starting fly tying meetings?

Best wishes
Mike

Acedude

« Reply #2 on: 04/07/2014 at 17:02 »
Hello Mike,

Thanks for the Information, very interested about joining the Inverurie Angling Association. Am I right in saying the next meet is on 14th sept ? And I do believe that you have to be sponsored, but I don't know anyone that is a member. 

On another note is there anyone else that would be interested in attending a fly tying session or joining a club in or around the Inverurie area. Would be a good idea to get some idea of possible (numbers-members).

Tight Lines

Peter..

Jbb98769

« Reply #3 on: 21/08/2014 at 19:49 »
You could join the club at raemoir a lot of the member tie there own fly and would show u the basics

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com