Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Patrick Mcguigan

Hardy Jet/Vision Tool
« on: 18/05/2014 at 15:59 »
Anyone had a cast with any of the above double handers, and can offer any feedback ?

Ben Dixon

Re: Hardy Jet/Vision Tool
« Reply #1 on: 18/05/2014 at 18:23 »
I've cast the Jet 14' and the Tool 15' so not really a fair comparison against each other. 

The Tool looks awful IMO.  Cosmetically it is one of the worst looking rods I've ever seen but it is a really good blank and casts superbly.  The foam handle is slim and firm and feels nice in the hand, reel seat looks rough but holds a reel nicely and overall the rod is very light.  I've not fished it but cast it on a pond for a while with a Barrio Mid 10/11 which worked well, blank bends well into the mid section and recovers fast, plenty of feel to it without being soft.  If sight deteriorated I would happily own one.

The Jet looks like the money it costs and casts well enough, I think it had a 520 grain Rio Scandi on it which suited it nicely.  Decent rod but nothing special in any way really, just another salmon rod but absolutely nothing wrong with it.  Slightly slower action than the Tool but the 15'er may be different.

Cheers

Ben

Patrick Mcguigan

« Reply #2 on: 18/05/2014 at 18:57 »
Thanks Ben.

I would agree about the Tool.  Not the best looking rod, and I don't know if I could get my head around that foam handle either.  Then again, if it performs really well then that is the main thing.

On another note, I see that the Gaelforce production rods are now available to buy.  Any feedback available from anyone for them at all ?

Ben Dixon

« Reply #3 on: 18/05/2014 at 20:02 »
The foam handle feels good, different to cork but not really any better or worse, just different.

I have tried the Gaelforce comp rods.  They were good but not good enough to justify the exorbitant prices being charged for them but I don't think any carbon fly rod is worth £1450 regardless of its function.

Cheers

Ben

Patrick Mcguigan

« Reply #4 on: 18/05/2014 at 20:37 »
The foam handle feels good, different to cork but not really any better or worse, just different.

I have tried the Gaelforce comp rods.  They were good but not good enough to justify the exorbitant prices being charged for them but I don't think any carbon fly rod is worth £1450 regardless of its function.

Cheers

Ben

Agreed, the prices look really steep.  Would need to be something really special indeed.

Will Shaw

« Reply #5 on: 18/05/2014 at 22:00 »
Oh I dunno, if the rod came with unlimited free international business class flights to anywhere, that'd be quite a nice function. I think I'd pay £1450 for that.

W.

Ben Dixon

« Reply #6 on: 18/05/2014 at 22:32 »
Oh I dunno, if the rod came with unlimited free international business class flights to anywhere, that'd be quite a nice function. I think I'd pay £1450 for that.

W.

The function of the rod being to win tournaments, Will  :z4

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com