Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jim Eddie

RAEMOIR
« on: 02/08/2007 at 18:02 »
I am fishing Raemoir for the first time a week on Thursday. Any advice ? Is it a deep loch , weedy ? do the fish surface feed ?

Is it standard Rainbow tactics (if there is such a thing) do they take naturals or are deep fished lures the best bet ?

Cheers in advance

Jim

gunner100

Re: RAEMOIR
« Reply #1 on: 02/08/2007 at 20:19 »
Hi Jim,

Have not fished Raemoir for a good few years so my info is not up to date. I think it is like all small stocked Rainbow waters i.e. it is whatever works on the day. When I fished it last I used a fast sinking line with lures but changed to floater with nymphs or wets if no or little success.

To illustrate how fickle small rainbow waters can be, when my mate and I fished Raemoir a few years ago, I used a fast sinker with lures and was catching. The mate fished a floater with nymphs , wets and caught nowt.

As I had caught my limit, so changed to a floater etc. Mate changed to fast sinker. Result - mate continued to catch nowt and I carried on catching. The only thing that tale tells me is that fishies are fickle.

Lyall

Mike Barrio

Re: RAEMOIR
« Reply #2 on: 03/08/2007 at 22:20 »
Hi Jim

A lot of the Raemoir regulars fish at Haddo too. I'm afraid I haven't fished it ( must get over one day! ) but I guess similar tactics should produce fish  :z15

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com