Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Wildlife
« on: 02/08/2007 at 02:15 »
Hi folks

The last few days have been great for seeing wildlife while you are fishing, a good number of anglers have seen kingfishers flying about on the loch and there a quite a few interesting birds about  :cool:

I have tried and tried to get a photo of the kingfishers ........ but have failed miserably!  :z8

(below) There are a couple of pairs of Moorhens with wee ones, took this pic yesterday  :z5

(below) Took the following two pics today, I think it is a young Moorhen too? The feet look right, but the beak isn't red, the bird isn't black and there are no red rings at the top of the legs.

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Rob Brownfield

Re: Wildlife
« Reply #1 on: 02/08/2007 at 15:45 »
You should take up photography as a profession..they are cracking pictures. You would be able to sell them at some of these craft or art fairs :)

Irvine Ross

« Reply #2 on: 02/08/2007 at 19:07 »
Mike

I think you are spot on. It looks just like the illustration of a juvenile moorhen in my bird guide. The dark colouring and the red forehead develop as the bird matures.

Nice photos :grin

Irvine

wildfisher

« Reply #3 on: 03/08/2007 at 13:25 »
Aye, moorhens are nice, but once plucked and cleaned there isn't a lot left.   :wink

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com