Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Iain Cameron

:: stolen Rods ::
« on: 30/07/2007 at 09:46 »
hi all,

I've had 3 rods stolen from my stair landing cupboard, whose door was forced recently. It is in the common stairwell outside my flat in Aberdeen city centre, and was locked, though not Fort Knox-secure; I had put the rods there to de-clutter the flat as it as recently been up for sale.

I think the rods would have been taken in the last week or so.  None of the rods are especially valuable, but I am pretty cheesed off. If anyone is offered any of the following, or sees them advertised anywhere, could you please let me know? Thanks.

1. Greys GRX, 9'6", #7/8, 2-piece, in grey/blue bag, fly rod. Turquiose/grey colour blank. Brand new condition. (the butt was replaced by Greys, and has never ever been used)

2. Diawa Strikeforce, 9' #6, 2-piece, black blank, black bag. Good condition.

3. Ron Thomson, 13' Zensorflex beachcaster, 2-piece, black with orange tip, black bag. good condition.
This is huge... how anyone could sneak off with it, i don't know!

cheers
iain,

sharpie

Re: :: stolen Rods ::
« Reply #1 on: 30/07/2007 at 13:08 »
will keep an eye out in scot ads and ebay for you

really pi$$es you of when things like this happen

hope their next $hit is a hedgehog :mad :mad :mad

Jim Eddie

« Reply #2 on: 30/07/2007 at 19:10 »
Sorry to hear about your loss Iain  :z10 bunch of scumbags  :mad

If you need to borrow a rod until you get them relaced I have one to fit most situations (dont tell my wife though)

Cheers

Jim 

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 31/07/2007 at 08:31 »
Iain,
Sorry to hear that mate..the sooner you move the better! Will ask in the tackle shops as they often get asked if they by tackle...

Jay Scott

« Reply #4 on: 31/07/2007 at 09:31 »

I'll keep an eye out for people selling those rods in sloans

Jay

Iain Cameron

« Reply #5 on: 31/07/2007 at 13:56 »
thanks for the support guys. Jim, kind offer, appreciate it, but no need, I have all the good fly rods, spinning rod & telescopic rod tucked away safely. The ones that were nicked were just taking up space, really... on the bright side, it's a few less things to carry when I move house ;-)

cheers
iain

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com