Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Canary29

New Rod
« on: 14/04/2014 at 10:52 »
OK - so I made a rookie error whilst fishing at the weekend which resulted in a broken ring on my rod.

Was a Airflo Delta Classic 9ft6 7/8. 

I am now on the hunt for a new rod - any recommendations for a budget of £150 tops.

All advise welcome.

Jeff Donovan

Re: New Rod
« Reply #1 on: 14/04/2014 at 12:13 »
Try one of the new Airflo Super Stik fly rods, free fly line included, and you've still got £50 in your pocket to spend on fishing!  :z4

http://www.fishtec.co.uk/buy.cfm/fly-rods/airflo-super-stik-fly-rods/40/yes/90155

Noel Kelly

« Reply #2 on: 14/04/2014 at 13:29 »
OK - so I made a rookie error whilst fishing at the weekend which resulted in a broken ring on my rod.

Was a Airflo Delta Classic 9ft6 7/8. 

I am now on the hunt for a new rod - any recommendations for a budget of £150 tops.

All advise welcome.

You can get a new ring put on the rod. There are a few guys on the forum who could possibly do it for you. I'm sure someone will be along to help you out soon.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 18/04/2014 at 08:23 »
If its a snake ring, £1-£2 for the guide, probably a tenner for the time to remove the old one, clean up the blank,  whip on a new one and epoxy it.

If its a stripper guide, same time but about £3 for the guide.

Canary29

« Reply #4 on: 18/04/2014 at 16:00 »
Thanks people - Hopefully get the rod fixed.

Still its an excuse for a spare :-)  Was thinking the Sonik 4XTR or the Greys GR50.

Any recommendations?

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com