Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rob Brownfield

Wanted - Basket Hilt Sword
« on: 31/03/2014 at 11:49 »
Yes, I know, a little strange, but as part of my latest uniform I am required to purchase a  basket hilt sword.

Before I go and have one made, I was wondering if anyone had one knocking about? It's the sort of thing some people have in their loft, not knowing what to do with it.

This is what I am after

Cheers
Rob

Matt Henderson

Re: Wanted - Basket Hilt Sword
« Reply #1 on: 01/04/2014 at 09:11 »
regimental museums worth a try?

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 01/04/2014 at 11:30 »
regimental museums worth a try?

I wish! The Gordons and The Highlanders both have several in store, but they belong to well known Officers and they won't part with them. I cannot even get a kilt or jacket out of the stores of the Gordons despite playing in their Drumas and Pipes lol.

Replicas are easy to come by, but I would really like an original. I may just bite the bullet and commision one. Trouble is, for the 2 days a year I require it, its rather expensive.

Hamish Young

« Reply #3 on: 01/04/2014 at 23:38 »
Try this chap if you need a decent sword made http://www.macdonaldarms.com/armoury/
If you do, remind him he owes the Surgeon General a favour which he'd like to see as a discount in your direction  :wink
It's aye worth a try  :cool:

H

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #4 on: 02/04/2014 at 07:31 »
Try this chap if you need a decent sword made http://www.macdonaldarms.com/armoury/
If you do, remind him he owes the Surgeon General a favour which he'd like to see as a discount in your direction  :wink
It's aye worth a try  :cool:

H

Many thanks Hamish, very interesting! I will drip them an email and see what they come back with. I noticed in their gallery that they have restored several of what I am after, so thats a great start.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com