Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Eddie Sinclair

Sltwater materials and hooks
« on: 25/03/2014 at 21:53 »
Guys,
I took Mrs Edfish to the passport office in Glasgow today to renew her passport prior to leaving gods country in May to go to the Middle East for a few years. Naturally I took the opperchancity to visit the Glasgow Angling centre to stock up on fly tying materials before we head off and find no suitable tackle shops (that was my excuse and I am sticking to it) I also stocked up on boxes of bulk troot hooks while I was at it.

So I managed to fill a basket with stuff and off to the check out. Never ever do this with the wife in tow. She now realises just how much this s**t costs and has even tried to calculate how much the stuff in the garage could be worth.

Never mind, I have enough stuff to keep me going while we are away and when we return I should have enough flees to last me a lifetime so I can enjoy retirement just fishing. I aim to get out as much as possible prior to leaving and hopefully get a few troots to remember while we are in the land of no freshwater.

Eddie. :z18

Steven Sinclair

Re: Sltwater materials and hooks
« Reply #1 on: 26/03/2014 at 06:08 »
Dad,

I was dreading the thought of having to sit at the vice tying flies for Peacock Bass here in Singapore.  Many thanks for the heads up i'll send over a list of requirements  :z16

We can call it payment for boarding in May/June when you are over to visit the latest Sinclair fisherman/woman.  :z7

:z18

Steven.

Jim Eddie

« Reply #2 on: 26/03/2014 at 17:18 »
Guys,
I took Mrs Edfish to the passport office in Glasgow today to renew her passport prior to leaving gods country in May to go to the Middle East for a few years. Naturally I took the opperchancity to visit the Glasgow Angling centre to stock up on fly tying materials before we head off and find no suitable tackle shops (that was my excuse and I am sticking to it) I also stocked up on boxes of bulk troot hooks while I was at it.

So I managed to fill a basket with stuff and off to the check out. Never ever do this with the wife in tow. She now realises just how much this s**t costs and has even tried to calculate how much the stuff in the garage could be worth.

Never mind, I have enough stuff to keep me going while we are away and when we return I should have enough flees to last me a lifetime so I can enjoy retirement just fishing. I aim to get out as much as possible prior to leaving and hopefully get a few troots to remember while we are in the land of no freshwater.

All the best with your new assignment Eddie. I'm sure we will eventually wet a line together , even if it is when we are retired  :z4

Jim

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #3 on: 26/03/2014 at 18:55 »
Jim,

when are you home between now and mid May?

Jim Eddie

« Reply #4 on: 26/03/2014 at 20:39 »
Eddie
I'm home in a couple of weeks.

Jim

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #5 on: 26/03/2014 at 20:58 »
Jim,
I am in Dubai from the 7th of April until the 17th, I will give you a shout when I get back.

Euan Innes

« Reply #6 on: 26/03/2014 at 23:06 »
Jim,
I am in Dubai from the 7th of April until the 17th, I will give you a shout when I get back.

So is this the first Beannie outing??
The young and grey haired anglers go fishing! I'm away so much these days that I need a target date, saturday or sunday.

:z1

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #7 on: 27/03/2014 at 08:53 »
Euan,

we will make a plan when I get back.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com