Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

worm fishing on the don :)
« on: 26/07/2007 at 13:21 »
Hey people how we doin again ha am alwas keeping use on your toes with question.What aye have been doing is a large weight to get it down butit seems to get cought n the bottom.Is there a certain rig to stop and let it run across the bottom.Aye would appreicate a reply as aye am goin later tonight.size or weight and hook etc.Cheers jamie

wildfisher

Re: worm fishing on the don :)
« Reply #1 on: 26/07/2007 at 17:41 »
Can't help much there Jamie, tends to be mainly fly fishers on Fishing The Fly.  Is there not a site called Fishing The Worm you could try?  :z4

« Reply #2 on: 26/07/2007 at 17:45 »
Ok dokey cheers anyhoo just started pissing down anyway so mite give it a miss :)

sharpie

« Reply #3 on: 27/07/2007 at 17:44 »
to be a little more helpfull :wink

i used to use just a small weight to cast it out and let the current take it down. if you find its not getting down try casting upstream then letting it run down

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 28/07/2007 at 00:29 »
Hmmm ........ tricky one  :roll

Must confess that I ( and most folk that I know ) have tried to stick to the River Don Conservation Code, even though to the best of my knowledge this remains "voluntary" in 2007.

In the code you will find:
"No form of live or dead bait (including worm) to be used"
"No ledgering or bubble/bob floats to be used"

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

sharpie

« Reply #5 on: 28/07/2007 at 10:08 »
Hmmm ........ tricky one  :roll

Must confess that I ( and most folk that I know ) have tried to stick to the River Don Conservation Code, even though to the best of my knowledge this remains "voluntary" in 2007.

In the code you will find:
"No form of live or dead bait (including worm) to be used"
"No ledgering or bubble/bob floats to be used"

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

that shows how long its been since i fished the don then :oops :z2

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com