Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rob Brownfield

Aberdeen has moved.
« on: 18/03/2014 at 13:52 »
Just had to order a single ring, cost of guide, £1:05, cost of postage, £6!!! Apparantly Aberdeen is Highlands and Islands!! I called them to say just stick it in an envelope first class to be told they can't do that.

I have just had a rather expensive regimental dirk delivered from the US. Postage from California was £6 insured!

Patrick Mcguigan

Re: Aberdeen has moved.
« Reply #1 on: 18/03/2014 at 17:56 »
Just had to order a single ring, cost of guide, £1:05, cost of postage, £6!!! Apparantly Aberdeen is Highlands and Islands!! I called them to say just stick it in an envelope first class to be told they can't do that.

I have just had a rather expensive regimental dirk delivered from the US. Postage from California was £6 insured!

Tell them just to stick it ...................... :shock

Ben Dixon

« Reply #2 on: 18/03/2014 at 19:00 »
Where was this from Rob?

Hamish Young

« Reply #3 on: 18/03/2014 at 19:52 »
I too am intrigued, currently this is one of my favourite 'discussion' points with some sellers on ebay..... and elsewhere  :mad
Of course, I do live in the Highlands and Islands, so my take on this is likely to be a wee bit different to those in some parts of Aberdeenshire.

H :cool:

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #4 on: 19/03/2014 at 07:54 »
Where was this from Rob?

I'll give you three guesses! I believe you have had the same issue with them.

Ben Dixon

« Reply #5 on: 19/03/2014 at 09:19 »
It was £4.03 they charged me and it is apparently down to it having to go as a small parcel by the time they have wrapped in sufficient bubble wrap to ensure it gets here safely.  When questioned, for Royal Mail, it would have been same price to England.  Courier thing annoyed me though!

Ben

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com