Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Dario

mini bus - transport??
« on: 26/07/2007 at 12:49 »
Hi to the forum, once again I come in search of local knowledge  :z8.

On Friday 14th of September, we are going up to the lovely part of the country around Inverurie, with our fishing club from  Edinburgh looking for your excellent fishing and a bit of pampering. We are fishing Loch Insch - Haddo - Midmar.

what I was wondering, if any knew of someone with a minibus (or a company) for 10 people, with reasonable prices, to give our drivers a break, and helping with the commuting between the hotel and the above mentioned fisheries. We enquired with the local taxi company last year, but the prices were a bit above our expectations.

Any suggestions are welcomed  :z16

Dario

Jim Eddie

Re: mini bus - transport??
« Reply #1 on: 26/07/2007 at 18:05 »
Dario

You can try one of the companies on the link. Astra Cabs did me a reasonable deal on a mini-bus last year. If you do not get a reasonable deal in Peterhead you wont get one anywhere else in Aberdeenshire I would have thoughy.

http://www.peterhead.org.uk/transport/transport_results_taxi.asp

Cheers

Jim

Kev Danby

« Reply #2 on: 27/07/2007 at 09:07 »
Try this number 01464 820968 it is a local firm based in Insch they have people carriers and I think a mini bus they charge at the taxi rates set by the council. As I live in Insch I have used them a few times and service has always been good and reasonably priced when compared to using other taxis.

You may be able to get a better deal if you are making several trips.

Whether they are prepared to take smelly fishermen who knows :z15

Enjoy your fishing :z18

sharpie

« Reply #3 on: 27/07/2007 at 17:38 »
did you say you were staying in inverurie? if so you have a few different companies there who do taxi/mini buses (kenny's, alpha, rs mini coaches in sauchen) all prices are about the same so it pays to call about to try and get a deal

try here

Dario

« Reply #4 on: 02/08/2007 at 17:10 »
 :z4 guys thanks for the information, I'll make a few enquiries, and no doubt something will come up :z18

The next thing is to convince Mike to keep aside the no 27 for me for that week end  :z15

thanks again  :z16
Dario

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com