Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

trout n salmon???
« on: 25/07/2007 at 23:23 »
Hey folks aye would just like to say does any1 know why where has been no write up about the don in the last 3 issues of trout n salmon.Aye dont think any 1 even picks up the fish returns in the boxs should something not be done about this?? thanks jamie

Hamish Young

Re: trout n salmon???
« Reply #1 on: 26/07/2007 at 08:41 »
Hey folks aye would just like to say does any1 know why where has been no write up about the don in the last 3 issues of trout n salmon.

Yes - me.

Aye dont think any 1 even picks up the fish returns in the boxs should something not be done about this?? thanks jamie

Don't know  :z8 Nowt to do with T&S - that's a local thing  :z15

« Reply #2 on: 26/07/2007 at 10:22 »
So who would u have to se about getting the boxes checked more often so that we can tell whats been cought.cheers

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 26/07/2007 at 22:24 »
So who would u have to se about getting the boxes checked more often so that we can tell whats been cought.cheers

Who put the boxes there? ........ the council or Kintore Angling Association  :wink

Mike

sharpie

« Reply #4 on: 27/07/2007 at 17:47 »
chances are its the council to blame for not getting them picked up. when was the last time you saw a baliff down the water???

Mike Barrio

« Reply #5 on: 28/07/2007 at 00:51 »
Hi folks

I'm pretty sure that it tells you on your permit where you should submit catch returns to? Does it mention the boxes on the permit?

The Don Bailiff team are I believe employed by the Don Fishery Board, not the council? Personally .......... I would certainly vouch for the great work they do ........... and in my experience .......... although you might not see them, they will see you  :wink

I'm not sure that anybody "is to blame" here. We as anglers should submit catch returns in accordance with the permit issued, I am not sure that it is our place to demand or ask what or when something is done with these returns?

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

wildfisher

« Reply #6 on: 28/07/2007 at 08:53 »
I am not sure that it is our place to demand or ask what or when something is done with these returns?

Mike if as interested anglers we can't ask that then, in my opinion, they have a bit of a cheek asking us to fill them in.

As a "cooncil"  season ticket holder I received a return by post a few weeks back along with a SAE to post it back. Apparently they are monitoring the spring runs but they also wanted to know about brownies caught. It did not take a long time to fill in this season has been abysmal during spring.

No one else get one of these?

« Reply #7 on: 28/07/2007 at 10:04 »
Aye understand this mike but it gets a bit annoying when u buy the trout n salmon to see what has been cought and theres not even a write up.Aye love to see whats been cought n last 3 times theres been nothn. Sharpie is wright in saying whats the point in us returning these when no1 bothers to do anything.Aye have seen ballifs down and do speak to them but have not mentioned anything as have not seen them for lyk 3 week.Cheers jamie (ps.was down looking at haddo fishery last nyt.Was a nice nyt and lookes really good to fish.So hopefully aye will see u soon.

Hamish Young

« Reply #8 on: 30/07/2007 at 09:43 »
Aye understand this mike but it gets a bit annoying when u buy the trout n salmon to see what has been cought and theres not even a write up. Aye love to see whats been cought n last 3 times theres been nothn.

There is no link between T&S reports and information from Kintore AC or almost any other AC who have fishing on the Don. The majority of information that goes into reports comes from proprietors and individuals supplying the T&S contributor, what appears in those reports should never be considered definative, just an indication of catches from across the river. 
There are other sources of information about catches on the Don which you could explore - this website and local tackles shops for example - but be assured that there will be a Don report in the coming issues of T&S.

Sharpie is wright in saying whats the point in us returning these when no1 bothers to do anything.Aye have seen ballifs down and do speak to them but have not mentioned anything as have not seen them for lyk 3 week.Cheers jamie (ps.was down looking at haddo fishery last nyt.Was a nice nyt and lookes really good to fish.So hopefully aye will see u soon.

I am confident that the fishing returns anglers make are important, if the returns are for one particular beat it is not generally in the River Don bailiffs remit to recover the information on behalf of whomever is letting the fishing. It is the responsibility of whomever lets the water to gather returns information and pass that on to the appropriate authority.

I am hopeful that in the coming year there will be developments in publishing more catch return information from across the River Don, but as ever it requires all parties to do their part. So, if you have a catch return to make (even a blank), then please do make sure that it's handed in.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com