Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Ross

To Ireland...
« on: 25/07/2007 at 14:20 »
Or Norway!!!

Anyone fancy a trip to one of these locations for a weekend fishing? Flights are dead cheap, especially to Ireland (1p from Ryanair, with 20 odd in tax) then what ever for a hotel or can do the "camping" thing!

Either trout / salmon or both!!!

I'll let the public and numbers decide cause I'll go with or without you :grin :z4 :z4 :z4

Hamish Young

Re: To Ireland...
« Reply #1 on: 26/07/2007 at 08:45 »
Ireland  :z16

I'm off there myself in early september, but taking the ferry and a car. Sadly not going for the fishing marathon I'd hoped (going with she who must be obeyed to visit one of her pals) but plan on exercising my casting on the Moy and a couple of loughs - weather and wife permitting ofcourse  :shock  :z4

gunner100

Re: To Ireland...
« Reply #2 on: 26/07/2007 at 19:50 »
To Ireland,

The Guinness is cheaper in Ireland than Norway!! I have fished the Moy a few times and it is a fine river although a bit canal like in sections, hence a lot of it is best fished with bait, worm or prawn where allowed. Ballina town is a good base as is Foxford. There fare lights to Knock airport but I do not know if Ryanair fly there. Knock is about 30 miles from Ballina and the Moy.

Wish I could go but the great white whale , aka as herself, has other plans for our 40th wedding anniversary.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com