Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

spiros

which rod
« on: 05/10/2006 at 06:38 »
I am going to be fishing loch inch at the weekend for the first time and was wondering if i should fish my #5 rod or beef up to my #7 rod as a few folks have said i would need more ooomph than my #5.would be gratefull for any help cheers.

paul

:z18

Hamish Young

Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: 05/10/2006 at 08:32 »
Paul,
Depends what you want to do....  but I'd take both  :wink:  Set up the #5wt with a floater and/or intermediate with maybe some nymphs and set the #7wt up with a sinker and (ahemmm) a selection of brightly coloured fish attractors (lures  :shock: ). If it's a tad chilly (which by all accounts it may well be by the w/end) then start with the #7 and if the fish come up switch rods and change tactics :idea:
Works for me  :cool:
Hamish

Sandy Nelson

which rod
« Reply #2 on: 05/10/2006 at 17:52 »
Paul

Use whatever you do at Haddo
The fish in insch dont fight as well as Mikes' and they are generally smaller
Only take the big gun if there is a real wind blowing, Insch is quite exposed in places and you may need the extra effort.

Go for fun, i have never been under gunned with my 3 wt out there,(haven't been for  a while) mind you back then they had lots of really cracking fish, its not quite the same these days apparently.

Have fun and remember the trout are just trout, nymphs and dries will work as well there as anywhere. Dont reach for the christmas decorations just yet, its only october :lol:

Sandy

which rod
« Reply #3 on: 05/10/2006 at 19:50 »
i fished inch last week with the bario five weight had 15 on the saturday 8 from 5 to 10 lb had adouble or there about on sandys peacock spider plus afew more my top fly this year nearly one on my cast all the time dosenot matter what i use with it always gets me fish thanks sandy :z4  :z3     they dont come any near mikes or brians fish  might see you there as iam fishing with cowdenbeath club there having fun week end there have to get them up to haddo next year they dont no what there missing looking forward to it weare all staying in the lodge hotel not looking forward to the  hangover not had a drink since new year :z6  hope to see you there :lol:

henry from waterbouys :z2

spiros

which rod
« Reply #4 on: 05/10/2006 at 21:14 »
Thats it settled my Barrio #5 it is i prefer fishing it anyhow as i feel it casts better than my #7.Henry use my hangover cure just drink more beer  :grin: .

Paul

:z18

Sandy Nelson

which rod
« Reply #5 on: 07/10/2006 at 07:40 »
Henry

You're more than welcome. :z16

Who needs big flies to catch big fish :z9

Sandy

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com