Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

sea trout ??
« on: 24/07/2007 at 10:29 »
 :z6 Is there still sea trout in just now or will they be back in augsut september time.Aye am quite new to the fishing on the don and would lyk sme imformation cheers.Same with the salmon what time in august to they start coming bk again??? Cheers

Hamish Young

Re: sea trout ??
« Reply #1 on: 24/07/2007 at 16:30 »
Sea Trout were in very early this year are around even in this years odd water conditions. However, compared to '06, the grilse are running hard upstream on both Dee and Don. There will most likely be some more consistent fishing for both Sea Trout and Salmon towards the back end of August, as you say  :wink

Jay Scott

« Reply #2 on: 24/07/2007 at 17:19 »

A lot of seatrout being caught just now and a few grilse on the Don what on i couldn't tell you a lot of worms and ironmongrey being throw in i think. However there has been quite a few that i've heard of being taken on the fly, try a black and sliver fly probably stoats tails are best size 8 or 10 on a 7 weight rod, that should get a couple great fun on the single handed rods!

Jay

« Reply #3 on: 25/07/2007 at 23:18 »
Thank u for your messages helps alot cheers :):)

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com