Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Iain Goolager

Re: One for Ben
« Reply #15 on: 04/03/2014 at 20:35 »
Pleasant tails they are, Pheasant tails they aint.
Peter,  :X1 you should know me bedder than that. M-L-A-D  F-A-K, Brown to be sure.

My PT fibres go in the nappy bag c/w frame around my vise.

Shalom

Kevin Muir

« Reply #16 on: 04/03/2014 at 21:17 »
Top job Iain very tidy fly, was there ever any doubt that your fly would not sit correctly? nope you always seem to hit the mark with cracking flies, I always look forward to seeing your posts of flies you have been working on, always crisp and scream fish food to me.

This fly is along the same lines of a couple of emergers that a certain fly dresser / angler from the north west used to have in his fly box, great minds and all that stuff (not Hamish far too small to be one of his).

Was that a Klink hook about a #14 or 12?, nice size for a Danica, they are massive beasties.

I will pinch that dressing and knock a few up myself to add to the huge box of klinks I have already if you don't mind.

Kev.

Ben Dixon

« Reply #17 on: 04/03/2014 at 21:19 »
I will pinch that dressing and knock a few up myself to add to the huge box of klinks I have already if you don't mind.

Excellent, going to sell some olive deer hair this week :z7

Kevin Muir

« Reply #18 on: 04/03/2014 at 21:29 »
Don't hold your breath, just found a couple of patches :X2

Hamish Young

« Reply #19 on: 04/03/2014 at 21:32 »
Go on Kev..... you know you need it..... you know you want it..... buy it  :wink

Iain Goolager

« Reply #20 on: 04/03/2014 at 21:40 »
Master Muir,
Your words had me welling up as we all know that you are the 'Urban Deer Hair Ninja' and to have a dressing featuring said material extolled by you is
dope.

The fly is indeed suited to Hamish and his happy throng of massive fly enthusiasts - its a size 10!

Knock yersel' out and knock a few up for later in the year.

your loyal servant

Rango

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #21 on: 05/03/2014 at 07:45 »
Sits lovely indeed!

Allan Liddle

« Reply #22 on: 05/03/2014 at 20:05 »
 :oops

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com