Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Colin Sunley

The Ury
« on: 02/03/2014 at 19:50 »
Just bought a Season ticket for the Inverurie beat today and have planned to fish the URY as one of the pools is right next to my work. Being new to the river scene (fist season)  I was wandering if anyone could offer some advise on where best to fish on that stretch of water or perhaps on the don itself, 

Colin Sunley

Re: The Ury
« Reply #1 on: 04/03/2014 at 19:28 »
Interesting 85 views and no ones fished the URY, Hope I've not wasted good money on a Season Ticket then  :oops

Colin Sunley

« Reply #2 on: 04/03/2014 at 21:08 »
Thanks for the heads up much appreciated,  :z16

Marc Fauvet

Hamish Young

« Reply #4 on: 05/03/2014 at 11:50 »
Moved to the Don forum as it seems better placed here.

Liam,be nice if you advised you were deleting your posts.... thread looks a wee bit bare without them  :roll

H :cool:

Liam Stephen

« Reply #5 on: 05/03/2014 at 12:00 »
Sorry guys I was trying to edit my post to make it a little less specific but clicked delete instead  :X1

As I said in my previous post try upstream of that bridge.

Cheers
Liam

Andy Finlay

« Reply #6 on: 11/03/2014 at 20:47 »
Not fished the ury that much but can be fun but very hard work later in the year as the banks get well overgrown.
If you have a ticket for inverurie I'm presuming its the aberdeenshire one so have a fair bit of the don. If so then you've some nice trout and also salmon water available. Top end can get quite busy during salmon time as a couple of good spots up that end but all is good for trout.

Colin Sunley

« Reply #7 on: 12/03/2014 at 12:42 »
Thank Andy for the Info,  Much obliged, 

Julius

« Reply #8 on: 26/06/2014 at 19:24 »
ive been out to ury at the bits accross from cemetery this wed,
tried with brown and yellow emergers, tried nymph also but no success, water has been quiet and only seen some tiny fish rising, perhaps someone could advise on the Ury beats accross from new houses that been built ? - river seems chalk and running through a farmers field up that way, very open for high wind and hard to access, did someone had success in that part ?  ???

Colin Sunley

Re: Re: The Ury
« Reply #9 on: 26/06/2014 at 19:43 »
Fished most of the Ury in April, not very much moving or showing at all have not been on it since, I have never fished that section your talking about and I know you can but haven't fo those reasons,

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com