Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Allan Liddle

Flies For Hamish
« on: 26/02/2014 at 23:29 »
As promised a few wee offerings for Hamish to raffle off this weekend, to be fair i was going to have a final practise before the GAC show this weekend anyway, tying these was the perfect excuse.  Stuff all packed and ready to go.
Almost afraid to put my pics on now Magnus is on the case though  :oops

Detached Daddy (Partridge Czech Nymph Light size 14, crap deer hair so not as good a wing as i would prefer, however fishes really well like this.  Detached body tied directly on the hook, bit fiddly but vastly superior in terms of strength, bulk and appearance.  Came up with the idea in Shetland last year when 'normal' detached bodies were simply not cutting the mustard, haven't seen anyone else doing it like this so claiming it  :z16)

Green Drake Dry (Same hook as the Daddy, simple to tie with coloured GP Crest tail and olive deer hair wing, was very effective for me in Assynt and around Inverness last year)

Olive Hog (Partridge Patriot Superior Dry size 10. Simple to tye and simply deadly to use, brazilliant wild troot loch flee)

Also been wandering the beach and decided to make a new fly holder out of this wee bit of old drift wood and a wee bit TLC.

Then followed it up with a wee deer horn my youngest mad labrador chewed a wee while back

So that's it, time for bed, my evening dram's finished anyway.

Flees getting sent tomorrow H, hope you like 'em.  :z16

Cheers all. :z18

Liam Stephen

Re: Flies For Hamish
« Reply #1 on: 27/02/2014 at 17:49 »
Awesome Mayflies Allan  :z16

Liam

Hamish Young

« Reply #2 on: 27/02/2014 at 22:15 »
Excellent :z16

Peter McCallum

« Reply #3 on: 27/02/2014 at 22:50 »
Sorry al there way too small for H  :X2

Hamish Young

« Reply #4 on: 27/02/2014 at 23:10 »
They'll only be in my custody until transferred to the Heather Cary commonwealth fly fishing championship fighting fund coffee morning. (You try typing that with a bottle of wine under your belt :!)
Besides, in the photos, they look almost big enough for me :wink

H :cool:

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com