Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rob Brownfield

Trout fishing, the Don on Sunday.
« on: 13/02/2014 at 09:59 »
Yep, I was all organised to get a days trouting on the Don on Sunday as Cass is away down south Flies tied, lines sorted, extra warm clothes looked out.....and yep...I am stupid!

Role on the 14th of March!   :X1 :X1 (April the 1st for ADAA)

Many thanks to Ben for pointing out my slight error! I may have had my name in the paper  :oops

Andy Finlay

Re: Trout fishing, the Don on Sunday.
« Reply #1 on: 17/02/2014 at 09:19 »
Rob, I must be missing something, thought the start of the trout season was 1st April  :? :?

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 17/02/2014 at 10:04 »
Indeed!

It was me that was missing something! For some strange reason I thought the start of the season meant, "the start of THE season" for everything, not just salmon. It was Ben that called me several names and pointed out that I was a plomker!

Peter McCallum

« Reply #3 on: 17/02/2014 at 10:40 »
It was Ben that called me several names and pointed out that I was a plomker!

:X2 :X2 :X1

:z12

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 17/02/2014 at 10:47 »
 :z4  :z4  :z4

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #5 on: 17/02/2014 at 11:53 »
:z4  :z4  :z4

Don't know what you are laughing at Mr B...I still can't work out how to get flies into my left handed box ;)

Mike Barrio

« Reply #6 on: 17/02/2014 at 11:59 »
Life's a challenge Rob  :z4  :z4  :z4

Not sure I'm understanding the left handed box thing?

Cheers
Mike

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #7 on: 17/02/2014 at 13:31 »
Not sure I'm understanding the left handed box thing?

Ahhh...right...when you open the box, the foam inside has all the slots pointing to the left...so the fly goes in with the eye to the left, bend to the right. Every other box I have (Mostly Wychwood Viewfinders and C&F) the flies sit the other way round.

If I remove the fly with my left hand and thread the leader with my right, I have to turn the fly around.

So, my conclusion is, its a left handed box :)  :X2

Allan Liddle

« Reply #8 on: 19/02/2014 at 21:39 »
Yep, I was all organised to get a days trouting on the Don on Sunday as Cass is away down south Flies tied, lines sorted, extra warm clothes looked out.....and yep...I am stupid!

Role on the 14th of March!   :X1 :X1 (April the 1st for ADAA)

Many thanks to Ben for pointing out my slight error! I may have had my name in the paper  :oops

Does it mean yer a double plonker if i point out another slight error with the first date Rob?  Kinda thought the broonie season in Scotland started on the 'Glorious 15th'??  :z8

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #9 on: 20/02/2014 at 07:36 »
Does it mean yer a double plonker if i point out another slight error with the first date Rob?  Kinda thought the broonie season in Scotland started on the 'Glorious 15th'??  :z8

I can asure you I am a multiple plonker!! It is indeed the 15th!  :oops...I must have been thinking of the start oc the close season for coarse fishing on rivers in England and wales..the 14th.

Allan Liddle

« Reply #10 on: 20/02/2014 at 12:45 »
 :z4 :z4 :z4

Ben Dixon

« Reply #11 on: 20/02/2014 at 14:54 »
Legal season here is 15th March to 6th Oct but many beats choose not to open until 1st April Rob.

Ben

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #12 on: 21/02/2014 at 07:56 »
Legal season here is 15th March to 6th Oct but many beats choose not to open until 1st April Rob.

Ben

I noticed....

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com