Hamish Young

Re: Experimenting with epoxy
« Reply #15 on: 13/02/2014 at 23:36 »
Wine o'clock?

I am currently "dry" of wine :shock

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #16 on: 14/02/2014 at 07:37 »
Tonights freaky moment was seeing some UV fritz under UV light - trippy man..... just trippy......  :z3

You should try walking into my living room then. The Actinic lights on my coral tank make anything that is UV/Flourescent glow like mad!!

Fluro orange and yellow thread/floss is the best :)

Jonathan Kerr

« Reply #17 on: 27/02/2014 at 19:36 »
Read this thread a while back and thought stuff it, need to get me some uv resin. Sat down tonight with recently aquired bug off and laser pen from ebay, tied a couple willie guns with larger heads to try it out, not long later I'm sitting thinking 'man should of tried this stuff ages ago!'.

Looking forward to trying on a few salt water patterns and other things I have in mind!!

Allan Liddle

« Reply #18 on: 04/03/2014 at 15:29 »
Picked up the Veniards foot pedal torch at the weekend and it's certainly the dugs nuts.  Light intensity is fantastic and consistant, my trouble with the UV not going 'off' was almost always down to the batteries getting low (which happens surprisingly quick even with good quality ones).

Battery torch now just for times i'm packing light and not sure what power supply is available (couple of boties i've stayed at spring to mind).  that said the mains torch very easy to pack.
Yup it's dear, but given the amount spent on batteries and the consistancy of the light feel that it's not too bad, well not as long as it lasts a while that is.

If you're building up big heads make sure you build up in a series of thinner layers, also making sure each one is fully cured before applying the next one.  Simple really if a wee bit more time consuming than you might have hoped for initially.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #19 on: 04/03/2014 at 17:32 »
Picked up the Veniards foot pedal torch at the weekend and it's certainly the dugs nuts.  Light intensity is fantastic

Perhaps a timely warning about UV light (UV-A as used by these lamps) and the real damage it can do to eyes/skin, especially with prolonged exposure and the more intense mains fed torches. UV-A is the same wavelength used in tanning salons by the way.

This comes off the back of an incident in a warehouse with a sister company where an operator was using an 11w UV device (mains operated) to detect cracks and managed to give himself "sunspots" for a few days because he had not botherd to wear his UV protective specs.

Sensible use should not be an issue, but just watch children picking up the tourches and looking directly into them at the pretty light.

This has been a public safety announcement  :z18

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com