Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Barrio Mid Spey
« on: 06/02/2014 at 12:06 »
These will start to appear on the website soon! :cool:

Initially the Barrio Mid Spey 10/11, which will be followed by the other sizes as soon as the stock arrives ..................

Marc Fauvet

Re: Barrio Mid Spey
« Reply #1 on: 06/02/2014 at 12:41 »
congrats !  :z16

Patrick Mcguigan

« Reply #2 on: 06/02/2014 at 17:18 »
Really looking forward to these !

Any info regarding specs for these ?  In other words, head weights and head lengths to the colour change please.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 06/02/2014 at 17:25 »
Really looking forward to these !

Any info regarding specs for these ?  In other words, head weights and head lengths to the colour change please.

Will post this info on the website when the page goes live :z16

Cheers
Mike

Patrick Mcguigan

« Reply #4 on: 07/02/2014 at 13:00 »
Will post this info on the website when the page goes live :z16

Cheers
Mike

Thanks  :z16

Mike Barrio

« Reply #5 on: 19/02/2014 at 17:00 »
Barrio Mid Spey 9/10 and 10/11 lines are available on the website http://www.flylineshop.com/barrio-mid-spey-fly-lines.html and the others will follow soon :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #6 on: 21/02/2014 at 15:17 »
Barrio Mid Spey 8/9 lines are now also available on the website http://www.flylineshop.com/barrio-mid-spey-fly-lines.html :z16

Cheers
Mike

Ben Dixon

« Reply #7 on: 27/02/2014 at 20:15 »
Barrio Mid Spey 8/9 lines are now also available on the website http://www.flylineshop.com/barrio-mid-spey-fly-lines.html :z16

Cheers
Mike

Really looking forward to things warming up a little and the water dropping back to more usual levels.  I can see the 8/9 Mid Spey becoming my go to summer line on the Don (unless I'm stripping Sunrays).  On my usual 13' rod the shapes I can get with it are absolutely awesome  :cool:

Cheers

Ben

Hamish Young

« Reply #8 on: 27/02/2014 at 22:31 »
I tried out the new Barrio 'Mid' on the lower Beauly this week.
Those who know me well enough know that (unless I'm focused, which does happen from time to time) then my typical form is to fire off a line into the distance before getting to know it.

True to form I didn't do anything more complex than fire it into the distance.

Now the observant will have noted that would be the backing knot you can see in the photo.... and this was on the second cast. It will do that easily in my hands and I am only vaguely competent.
I have since put it in the hands of a comedy caster (do not ask :!) and one who is used to products from Carron and is reasonably 'polished'. Now both got to grips with the line quickly, albeit on my rod but the more experienced caster saw 40 yards, went back to his Carron and struggled to match that distance. When I told him how much the line was..... well, I think he's annoyed he bought 'yet another' Carron.
Form an orderly queue folks....

H :cool:

Ben Dixon

« Reply #9 on: 28/02/2014 at 08:42 »
First fish on the Mid Spey last spring, full floating line, traditional Spey fly, 15' tapered leader

Looking forward to more of this soon  :cool:

Ben

Djordje Andjelkovic

« Reply #10 on: 03/04/2014 at 20:11 »
Super Line!!!

Just arrived and I use for my DEMO in Romania.

No commend just enough is "have got on your reel :) "

Mike Barrio

« Reply #11 on: 04/04/2014 at 07:54 »
Great stuff Djordje ........ enjoy :z16

Cheers
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com