Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Andy Wren

london -Aberdeen
« on: 04/02/2014 at 13:14 »
Thinking of joining Mick bell On the Dee mid feb
Who does the best priced flights from London preferably Heathrow .the city airport with stanstead an outside bet ?

Graham Nicol

Re: london -Aberdeen
« Reply #1 on: 04/02/2014 at 14:48 »
I use Virgin Red (formerly Aer Lingus) but they depart from Heathrow. However, they do not charge for rods whereas most others do.
Easyjet also fly from Luton but that may not suit

Barry Robertson

« Reply #2 on: 04/02/2014 at 15:19 »
You can get a flight from edinburgh to london return for 70 and get a cheap hire car up to aberdeen. 3hrs drive but probably worth having a car to get about!

Andy Wren

« Reply #3 on: 04/02/2014 at 17:19 »
Edinburgh and a hire car might well be the way to go
Got to get some fishing in as new job coming up late spring which might ruin the fishing through the summer !

Irvine Ross

« Reply #4 on: 04/02/2014 at 18:25 »
Easyjet fly to Aberdeen from Gatwick. Even with all their additions for baggage etc. they were still over £100 cheaper than the opposition to Heathrow when we flew down in November.

Irvine

Andy Wren

« Reply #5 on: 04/02/2014 at 19:33 »
Easyjet fly to Aberdeen from Gatwick. Even with all their additions for baggage etc. they were still over £100 cheaper than the opposition to Heathrow when we flew down in November.

Irvine

Gatwick is a b!tch for us north londoners !

Malcolm Copland

« Reply #6 on: 06/02/2014 at 08:18 »
Use Virgin from Terminal One Heathrow. I fly between Scotland and London every week. British Airways, especially in bad weather, are rubbish. The first flights to be delayed and cancelled are the Scottish ones.

Canary29

« Reply #7 on: 06/02/2014 at 12:38 »
I recommend Virgin - Good service, reasonable prices.
BA can be unreliable and costly.

Andy Wren

« Reply #8 on: 15/02/2014 at 11:00 »
Total SNAFU , wheres my passport ,here you are says she ,only 2 years out of date ,check with Virgin and BA ,they need photo ID for hold baggage,so with a paper driving licence only its train or drive .

Drive appeals most ,whats the best way from the A90 to banochry .looking at the map ,the Slug road from Stonehaven looks sensible but hey what do i know /

Irvine Ross

« Reply #9 on: 15/02/2014 at 11:25 »
Yes, the Slug road would be my first choice too.

Tight lines

Irvine

Malcolm Copland

« Reply #10 on: 16/02/2014 at 10:17 »
If you check in and download your boarding pass online you won't need your passport. If you check in at the airport
you will.
I've travelled without mine on numerous occasions.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com