Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rob Brownfield

Any fish on Saturday?
« on: 03/02/2014 at 09:45 »
Does anyone know of any Salmon caught on openning day of the Dee? I had to go into Aberdeen and spotted a few fishing Kingussie and other lower beats.

Ben Dixon

Re: Any fish on Saturday?
« Reply #1 on: 03/02/2014 at 12:23 »
Don't think the Kingussie fishings open until next Tuesday Rob  :z4

There were fish on Saturday, Dess, Sluie, Upper Blackhall for sure.  Think the first one was before the opening ceremony.

Cheers

Ben

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 03/02/2014 at 12:54 »
Don't think the Kingussie fishings open until next Tuesday Rob  :z4

Kingausie then...pedantic twonk!..lol

Ben Dixon

« Reply #3 on: 03/02/2014 at 22:59 »
Kingcausie then...pedantic twonk!..lol

There you go Rob, fixed it for you so as not to confuse our readers any further  :z4

Ben

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #4 on: 04/02/2014 at 14:49 »
Ben,
one for Middle Drum yesterday was the first one below Banchory. Jim Fisher texted me last night to tell me that he had 4 at Ballogie yesterday biggest 16 pounds. (jammy twat) I was extremely jealous sitting in a hotel in Dubai.

Never mind home soon and hit the river.

Eddie.

Andy Finlay

« Reply #5 on: 06/02/2014 at 22:18 »
Decided at the last minute to have a go at this salmon malarkey since I'm due offshore and will miss the start of the don season. Fished sluie on Tuesday, was limited to the upper sections due to the water height and unfortunately didn't have any springers but did have 2 kelts so some action at least. Think the beats opposite were having some luck Monday / Tuesday but guess the extra rain the last few days has put paid to that. Once I'm back will have a go on the don but if last years anything to go by think ill stick to the trout.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com