Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

DVD - Fly Fishing in Iceland
« on: 30/01/2014 at 21:25 »
OK, I was bored and she who must be obeyed has 'vacancies' for films on her Lovefilm account which I decided to fill with fishing films and 'man stuff' as she couldn't be bothered wasn't inspired enough to choose some new titles. So that's the history behind it, I've had a couple of DVDs in which I've watched as and when I can. Bob Carnills DVD was entertaining, but I digress..... this is about 'Fly Fishing in Iceland'.

I felt that I had to share my views on 'Fly fishing in Iceland' which I thought would be epic.
I was right, it was epic but just not in a good way.

Don't bother, if you see it and are tempted to watch it don't do it. Just walk on by - nothing to see here - it is just dire.
It dates to 2004 and by and large has been "interestingly" translated from Icelandic Norse to English.

It makes no sense, isn't very engaging and did I mention it's just dire :?

As there is some interesting scenery and a few fish about in the DVD, I left it playing muted and listened to Pink Floyd on instead as that made more sense. To be honest a Frank Zappa album would have made more sense as a voice-over.

'Nuff said.

H :cool:

Mike Barrio

Re: DVD - Fly Fishing in Iceland
« Reply #1 on: 30/01/2014 at 21:32 »
I left it playing muted and listened to Pink Floyd on instead as that made more sense. To be honest a Frank Zappa album would have made more sense as a voice-over.

:z4  :z4  :z4

Hamish Young

« Reply #2 on: 31/01/2014 at 10:40 »
Thank you Mr B, I thought that was quite a good line too  :z4

Euan Innes

« Reply #3 on: 01/02/2014 at 01:09 »
To be honest a Frank Zappa album would have made more sense as a voice-over.

So did that fill a Zappa-gap? :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4

:z1

Hamish Young

« Reply #4 on: 01/02/2014 at 10:04 »
 :X1 Keep working on it bud, it will be funny one day  :z7 :z4

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com