Hamish Young

River Deveron 2014
« on: 28/01/2014 at 09:10 »
For all your River Deveron news and views 2014 :z16

H :cool:

Allan Liddle

Re: River Deveron 2014
« Reply #1 on: 29/01/2014 at 20:04 »
Cheers H hope to add a few wee reports as the season progresses.

First up is: Deveron running through fields today  :shock

Andy Wren

« Reply #2 on: 31/01/2014 at 11:55 »
Is that really big and damaging or just normal winter flooding .
Back on Muiresk early October ,cant wait !

Allan Liddle

« Reply #3 on: 03/02/2014 at 22:09 »
Normal

Iain Cameron

« Reply #4 on: 16/03/2014 at 12:47 »
Had an opening day outing with Allan Dryflee on middle river. We bumped into Iain Goolager, so it was a good day to catch up with folks.

We all managed a fish or two - here's Allan releasing his first of the season.

Sporadic hatches, and we caught from or near the surface, but a vicious wind killed most of the day's fishing. Ah well, ducks broken all round, and a great day.

cheers
iain

Iain Cameron

« Reply #5 on: 29/03/2014 at 21:11 »
Had a cracking day on the river with Edfish today. Delighted to get him out on the water before he emigrates to the land of camels, sand, artificial ski slopes and nae trout.

We fished:

We caught fish, including a 3lber for me:

We had a ridiculously great lunch:

We fished on some more. Err, I had another 3lb trout...

And we both fell in. Here's Eddie shortly before slip sliding away:

We caught some wild brownies from 8oz upwards, explored some lovely water, ate well, fished well, and generally had a thoroughly bloody good day. Did I mention that I released 2 brownies of 3lb?! One fish like that would have been awesome, but two in a day on a wild river was just brilliant. Mostly, just glad to have a gas with Eddie and share some fishing time.

i,

Hamish Young

« Reply #6 on: 29/03/2014 at 21:24 »
Very nice  :z16

Mike Barrio

« Reply #7 on: 29/03/2014 at 21:30 »
Looks like you had a great day guys :z16

Cheers
Mike

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #8 on: 29/03/2014 at 22:02 »
Iain,
many thanks for a great day out, good fishing and great craic. I thing that my dooking would have scored higher in a diving competition. It was great to be out on running water again for troots. I had half a dozen bonny trot up to a pound all on wee spiders. Nice bit of water and a bargain to have this all to ourselves.

P.S,

Did you mention that you caught 2 three pounders?

Eddie. :X2 :X2

Allan Liddle

« Reply #9 on: 30/03/2014 at 13:27 »
Pity i missed you guys yesterday, the girl in the hotel didn't know anything about the fishing and the bits i looked were obviously where you weren't.  :z6

Anyway plenty fish (about 20 or so) for me yesterday all on the dries (DHE withoot tails Goolager  :z4) some good pound plus stamp in the fast water (already).
Graham nailed a nice NF 2lb plus on a bit of water i ignored  :oops to go with the Rod Bender Trophy he nailed the day before (on another bit of water i'd ignored  :oops :z4)

Almost all fish sighted and nailed rather than fishing blind.

One oot the fast water.

Nailed a couple of Seatroot kelt as well, nice wee distraction but n ot the trophies i was looking for

Tourist

But good as Saturday was for me Friday was better, not for numbers (five or six total) but for quality and landed the first Trophy and NF (noteable fish) of the season.  Trophy (Rod Bender) = 3lb plus, NF = 2 - 3lb.

First fish of the session and camera as well as scales oot coming in at a nice 3lb 4oz

Rod Bender no1 2014

Proper Fish

Later sighted another that tipped the scales at 2lb 8oz so pretty chuffed, especially when Graham nailed a PB as well.

Crackin colours

Roll on next visit and i'm sure not long before we see more of the same off the Don fae you guys  :z16

P.S. Not streamers, lures or any other sub-surface chite were harmed in the making of these outings, if yer not going to do it right don't do it at all.  :wink :z7 :z4

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #10 on: 31/03/2014 at 17:38 »
Fantastic fish Guys

You really have me going for tomorrow

:z18

Sandy

Iain Cameron

« Reply #11 on: 31/03/2014 at 20:31 »
Fantastic fish Guys

You really have me going for tomorrow

Yup, reasonably mild spring, tight lines for tomorrow!

Scott Cumming

« Reply #12 on: 07/04/2014 at 19:02 »
After a hard slog on the Don yesterday my son Lewis and I had a trip up to the Deveron for a change of scene, I’m glad we did. I caught a 2lber just after 12 but things didn’t really get going until after 1pm when a few olives came off followed by a good hatch of MBs. Lewis caught a couple of nice browns around the 1lb mark and a 1.5lb sea trout kelt. I had several fish between 1-2lbs and a nice trout late afternoon, a smidgen over 4lbs pictured below.

Cheers
Scott C

Liam Stephen

« Reply #13 on: 07/04/2014 at 19:33 »
Nice one Scott  :z16

Liam

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #14 on: 07/04/2014 at 20:33 »
Great stuff :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com