Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rob Brownfield

Classic build or something different?
« on: 24/01/2014 at 08:07 »
My Czech Nymph blank has arrived but I am having a a hard time deciding how to build it up!  :X1

3 options, any opinions?

1. Carbon handle and extension in black, black reel seat with carbon insert, black rings and inners, black whipping.
2. Hardwood handle and extension, silver nickel reel seat and matching wooden insert, silver rings, whipping to match the wood (dark red/brown)
3. Cork handle, titanium/gunsmoke reel seat with wood insert. Insert has contrasting banding in the centre, black rings and whipping to match the contrast bands on the reel seat.

Ben Dixon

Re: Classic build or something different?
« Reply #1 on: 24/01/2014 at 09:28 »
1. RANK
2. rod could only be fished whilst wearing Orvis slippers
3. Much more like it. 

I may be able to get my hands on some decent hardware, will drop you a PM in next day or two......
From the description, I take it you have been shopping in Sweden?

Ben

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 24/01/2014 at 10:37 »
From the description, I take it you have been shopping in Sweden?

Sweden, the US, Germany, UK and Portugal!

Nothing ordered as yet, picked up the blank from the post office this morning but not even looked at it yet! Once I suss it out, I will see about components.

Quite tempted by the American Tackle Mother of Pearl reel seat as seen in Sweden. I want something a bit different.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 24/01/2014 at 10:42 »
Damn it...I found someone had already done a similer carbon grip build...i dont like it :(

Ben Dixon

« Reply #4 on: 24/01/2014 at 11:22 »
Hang of until next week dude, that Carbon thing is minging.  Looks like something designed to fit a Vauxhall Corsa  :z4

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #5 on: 27/01/2014 at 08:02 »
Looks like something designed to fit a Vauxhall Corsa  :z4

Harsh!!..lol. I was told Ann Summers does something much the same. I never thought of looking in there for rod building supplies!

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com