Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

sharpie

anyone like sea fishing
« on: 17/07/2007 at 18:56 »
well after a drunken night out on saturday 12 of us headed out of buckie at 8.30 am on sunday. we hired white horse charters and were £27.50 a head. started slow but had a few mackeral then headed to some wrech off cullen/portsoy area. we even had a visit from the buckie lifeboat which was nice but no camera i'm afraid.

in total we filled a box of mackeral 2 cod approx 6lb each 2 dab and a ling plenty more lost but we have another boat organised in 3 weeks time.

the skipper is a great guy and will let you know the options and then you decide where you go to fish.

the £27.50 was for 8hours afloat and the next one is 12 hours for £40 a head.

highly recommended if you fancy a change

Hamish Young

Re: anyone like sea fishing
« Reply #1 on: 20/07/2007 at 05:29 »
I know Chris and Kevin who have the White Horse from my time up in Buckie over the last few months and can only say that they're very focussed on ensuring you enjoy your day.
They have already built up a solid reputation and whilst I haven't been out with them myself (yet :!) based on their enthusiasm alone I'd recommend them.
You can visit their site at:
http://whitehorsedivingchartersscotland.co.uk/

sharpie

« Reply #2 on: 20/07/2007 at 12:58 »
well hamish if you do arrange a day out post it up i for one will go.

we might be having an overnight trip which is 3 hours sailing then 2 fishing and 3 back in so sounds like fun

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #3 on: 21/07/2007 at 14:10 »
We're just back from Hols and Daniel got his first taste of sea fishing, chucking a spoon from a couple of wee jetties.
Funnily enough Dad says "doubt we'll catch anything just now its low tide" so he catches a few small mackeral, later in the week (different sea loch) "Lets do it  again", "Sure, we'll wait till high tide but i doubt we'll get anything this far from the sea except a few sea trout if we are really lucky" so he spends an hour pulling in mackeral after pollack after mackeral.

What do i know! :z8 :z8 :z8

Great fun though :z16

Sandy

sharpie

« Reply #4 on: 22/07/2007 at 19:58 »
where were you on holiday? i didnt realise the mackeral were in so close already. might have to get the old beach caster out and try portsoy open air swimming pool rocks :z16

Kev Danby

« Reply #5 on: 23/07/2007 at 19:24 »
I have it on good authority they are being caught off stonehaven beach a friend took his missus first time spinning and was trounced 8 to 2. Surprised he admitted to it :z4

Might be having a go with the fly weather permiting

sharpie

« Reply #6 on: 23/07/2007 at 20:26 »
mackeral on the fly now that sounds fun :z4 :z4 :z4

Hamish Young

« Reply #7 on: 24/07/2007 at 16:31 »
mackeral on the fly now that sounds fun :z4 :z4 :z4

They are  :z4  :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com