Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Allan Liddle

Some Mayflees fur Assynt
« on: 19/12/2013 at 13:42 »
Had a great time playing amongst the Danica feeders in Assynt last Summer (i'm sure you guys spotted the pics in the main forum).  Anyway my main two patterns were Bob Wyatts Veyatie Black (or my interpretation) and my simple Mayfly Emerger.

Playing about with this style on the vice recently has thrown up a few interesting variations, worth a swim next July, in fact i can hardly wait.

One thing that did strike me though was the fish's fondness for natural GP Crest on the tail, so just by way of an wee experiment, and the fact i think it looks cool, i coloured a few with olive or brown pantone pens and sealed with uv varnish.

Whatdayafink??

Original

Colouring the tail

Sealing

Curing

Wee variation 1

Different again (more like my original original as used in Assynt about, jesus is it more than 15 years already  :shock)

Palmered version

Big Water Muddler version

Wee detached body version (as per my Detached Daddy) just for the hell of it.

Eddie Sinclair

Re: Some Mayflees fur Assynt
« Reply #1 on: 19/12/2013 at 22:21 »
Alan,
they look good. Do you think that the UV tails will make them more inclined to sink?

If you make it to Durness then we could always stop in Assynt on the way back and road test them. Purely out of curiosity of course.

Eddie. :X2

Duncan Inglis

« Reply #2 on: 20/12/2013 at 15:13 »
Look good, what hook are they tied on?

Allan Liddle

« Reply #3 on: 20/12/2013 at 22:14 »
Hah Ed heavily 'ginked' and they should be fine.  :z16

Partridge Patriot Czech Nymph light size 14 - 16.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com