Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Allan Liddle

Partridge Patriot Up Eyed Salmon Doubles
« on: 05/12/2013 at 00:45 »
Don't ask me about Salar Hooks guys, quite simply i don't know is the answer, but i've been playing about with the new Patriot up eyed doubles and so far so good.  Nice looking hook, similar 'sweep' to the Salar (no wee upturn to the point though) and an interesting 'Black Nickel' finish.  Not sure if there's plans for other colours, hope so as the silver and gold hooks can help make some stunning patterns.  Anyway here's a few pics of the hook for you all.

Added a couple of pics of my attempts at good pal and fantastic angler Jock Royan's Kinermony Killer Flamethrower, can only hope i've done it justice.
Makes a wee change from trout dries and bob flies, but back to normal again tomorrow.  :z16

Patrick Mcguigan

Re: Partridge Patriot Up Eyed Salmon Doubles
« Reply #1 on: 05/12/2013 at 13:09 »
Like the look of those hooks, and really like your tyings.  Nice one  :z12

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #2 on: 05/12/2013 at 14:00 »
Alan,
nice fleas. Hope they make those hooks in silver. As for the Salar hooks Ben told me a while ago that they would no longer be available but I checked my tying stuff and found loads to keep me going until an alternative arrived. If Partridge produce these in silver this could be the replacement. Do you know if any shops in Aberdeenshire are stocking these so I can have a wee look?

Eddie. :z18

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 05/12/2013 at 14:38 »
They do a down eye version too, exactly the same specs and sizes.

I believe they use a different finishing process to the Salar and therefore cannot offer coloured versions...seem to recall that conversation with someone somwhere.. :z8

...and I seem to also recall that the Salar will run alongside because of the gold and silver pattens being so popular.

...but as we all know, Partridge do seem prone to discontinuing best sellers for no apparant reason other than they have a new "fashionable" hook out.  :X1

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com