Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Step by steps?
« on: 02/11/2013 at 13:19 »
November is upon us and the first signs of frost in Inverurie this morning. We haven't had any step by steps on the forum for a while, if anybody fancies doing some this month I can put up a wee prize for the best if you like?

I'm rather disappointed that images from the old "tinypic" image hosting system are disappearing from our step by steps, so it would be great to see some new ones.

Best wishes
Mike

Marc Fauvet

Re: Step by steps?
« Reply #1 on: 02/11/2013 at 13:32 »
I'm rather disappointed that images from the old "tinypic" image hosting system are disappearing from our step by steps
Mike, is this a gradual disappearance or did they just vamoosh ?

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 02/11/2013 at 13:35 »
Hi Marc,

Seems to be gradual, you'll see what I mean here http://www.fishingthefly.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=3525.0

Cheers
Mike

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #3 on: 02/11/2013 at 14:16 »
weird, it's like they're being pushed out as others come in ?
why not right-click save to desktop images on threads that haven't been compromised, c&p the html text and repost them again ?
comments would get lost but that's about it. would only take a few minutes per s-b-s and keep you from getting into trouble !!!   :z16

:z4,
marc

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 02/11/2013 at 15:21 »
Hi Marc,

It will take a while to do them, but I think you're right I need to try to do something.

Cheers
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #5 on: 02/11/2013 at 16:07 »
I've done the first two, so it is possible Marc :cool:

Takes ages and I won't be able to do anything about the lost images :z6

Cheers
Mike

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #6 on: 02/11/2013 at 18:29 »
no, but the authors most probably have original files at home instead of on some photo server. maybe worth contacting them or just put up a post in the Announcement section ?
me thinks that the owners removed those images from the server but forgot they where linked to this and/or other sites.
this has happened to me….  :X2

anyhow, good on you for trying to save the really good stuff that's already there.  :z16

this all reminds me of how crappy places like Photobucket and such can be.
imo, the best option to have online pics by far is to create a blog account on WordPress, make it private (non-readable to the public) and stock pics and videos there. it's seems as secure as can be. (for a free service)
easy, free, i've never had a single problem with this setup.  :wink

cheers,
marc

Mike Barrio

« Reply #7 on: 02/11/2013 at 20:31 »
That's about 20 of them done, will try to do some more tomorrow :z16

Cheers
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com